The Perfect Workbench Thread...

Alabama Thunderpussy

Reaction score
In our pursuit of all things Marshall, i think it is necessary to establish a criteria for what makes a Workbench thread the most helpful and entertaining all at once. The ideal Workbench thread should include the following:

- One simple question, preferably about Power Scaling
or PPIMV
- One helpful link to example of said mods.
- One instance of Jon Wilder calling said linked site and/or OP an idiot.
- At LEAST one car or engine analogy.
- One feeble retort by defensive OP.
- Minimum nine (9) replies by Wilder, to be no less than 2,200 words each, and contain no less than seven (7) winking smilies.
- Minimum One post by regular member contesting Wilder's argument.
- One claim by rarely active member to have an EE degree and various certifications, but not offering anything to the discussion other than gloating of said credentials.
- Minimum of three (3) likes issued by diessect20002001
- One quickly degenerating argument between Wilder and other established member regarding proper usage of the term "power".
- At least one mention each of the terms: EVH, mojo, =C=, Plexi, Growl, Balls, Punchy, Crunchy, Tight, Sterile, Organic, Loose, and Hot-Rodded.
- One warning by Adwex to cool the harsh vibes.
- One overly friendly and helpful reply by Lane Sparber.
- Minimum Three (3) idiotic replies by Alabama Thunderpussy.
- One disgruntled post by Major.
- One ensuing argument between Major and Wilder.
- One post by Chuckharmonjr relating the subject to industrial electrical work.
- Minimum one (1) post by any member with a lame joke about their own age and time in-grade as a guitar player.
- Thread should conclude by trailing off into belly slapping and lighthearted jokes.

Jonathan Wilder

Reaction score
In our pursuit of all things Marshall, i think it is necessary to establish a criteria for what makes a Workbench thread the most helpful and entertaining all at once. The ideal Workbench thread should include the following:

or PPIMV
- Minimum nine (9) replies by Wilder, to be no less than 2,200 words each, and contain no less than seven (7) winking smilies.
- One claim by rarely active member to have an EE degree and various certifications, but not offering anything to the discussion other than gloating of said credentials.
- One quickly degenerating argument between Wilder and other established member regarding proper usage of the term "power".
- At least one mention each of the terms: EVH, mojo, =C=, Plexi, Growl, Balls, Punchy, Crunchy, Tight, Sterile, Organic, Loose, and Hot-Rodded.
- Minimum one (1) post by any member with a lame joke about their own age and time in-grade as a guitar player.
- Thread should conclude by trailing off into belly slapping and lighthearted jokes.

You're an idiot.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
well....i guess i have to wait for another post to like a 3rd. Sorry homie.

poeman33

Reaction score
What was this thread about?...I'm getting senile at my age...but I can still teach those young whippersnappers a thing about playing.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been here long enough, but so far, thats pretty much what I'm seeing so far :lol:

Buggs.Crosby

Reaction score
well you just described about 75% of the posts in here.......the other 25% had no responses being they were all in reference to SS problems

Ken

Reaction score

or PPIMV

You forgot the ironic post from Twin that highlights the stupidity of the thread in his subtle but effective way!

Ken

pluto

Reaction score

I went into that trouble :) :)

But I still think Jon Wilder is a great guy, you just should not feel presonally insulted by his harsh comments. Much more important is to have someone like this around, so when the real problem happens, there is one more expert who could advise.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
genius pussy, funny stuff.

duffhuff

Reaction score
A.T. That is some funny S**t right there!!

Nice one!

And yeah, where would we be without Twin's comments!