The Thing About Rockstars

• Thread starter Ghost
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
You guys want to hear the mother of all ironies? I was contacted today by an old bandmate that's starting a tribute band. He asked if I wanted to get in on it. I laughed in his face and told him I hate tribute bands. Then I said, sure, let's try it. So how about that? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
You guys want to hear the mother of all ironies? I was contacted today by an old bandmate that's starting a tribute band. He asked if I wanted to get in on it. I laughed in his face and told him I hate tribute bands. Then I said, sure, let's try it. So how about that? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what band would you be paying tribute to?

Ghostman

Reaction score
Lol. Goddamn I wish I hadn't googled that.

That's how most of my evenings go...

35ZMMUt.gif

flyinguitars

Reaction score
I'm very reluctant to post any information about myself. I'm sorry. I know that's lame. I just want to remain anonymous. I'll just say I'm in my mid-late 20s.

I don't really have a "band". Just me and this drummer guy who is a pro. He's kind of helping me out. I need experience. He's really nice and not a total douche bag.

I also don't have any real original material. Just some riffs and a few licks that I play. I don't have a creative or musical bone in my body. I'm the most uncreative person there is. I can't write songs. Every time I try it's just a hopeless exercise in futility. The only thing I've got is some semblance of chops on the guitar and can hack away at some bullshit that sounds decent to the untrained ear. Every time I hear other musicians play their songs it just makes me want to give up. Everyone else seems to have the ability to write good songs and create good melodies etc... I don't really think I have what it takes to be a musician. I don't believe in myself one iota.

There really is only one choice then....

Join a cover band :agreed:

flyinguitars

Reaction score

Lol...I’m going to punch you!!..lol

No seriously, if it works out it might be a fun thing to do.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Lol...I’m going to punch you!!..lol

No seriously, if it works out it might be a fun thing to do.
Hey, I'm opened minded and willing to try anything. I already play in two original material bands. I think I have room in my soul to try this and still feel like I'm being a creative, original person.

But no, there's no way it's going to work.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Fuck it, go for it. If it turns out to be lame, stop.
Yeah for sure. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is be another hack in a hack cover band hacking up songs from IMO one of the best bands to ever walk the earth. The Clash covered a lot of musical ground. I'm trying to stay open minded about it.

Latest posts