The YJM-100

• Thread starter DSL100 Dude
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Username2

Reaction score
A few questions for the forum:

1) How many YJM100's are scheduled to ship to the US?
2) Cost? (I've heard $2500 range in USA)
3) Are stores taking pre-orders on the YJM100 now?
4) Will there be a 5w combo (or head) version of the YJM? (like the 5w AFD combo that is in the works.)

1. Perhaps US Music Corp can answer for sure the USA numbers but if I were to guess I would say 300-400 unit only. That is only 6-8 amps for each state on the high end. (I know there not distributed to each state just making a reference to only 400 units. )

2. $2499 but still TBA (to be announced)the weak ass shit performance of the dollar leads me to believe it may be higher. Thanks O.

3. Yes

4. Marshall is pretty good at keeping future projects under cover. Fact is nothing has been announced so at this point NO. A 5 watt YJM wouldn't make sense to me because the Class 5 really fills that market anyways. Putting all the options of the YJM into a 5 watt version would make the amp very expensive. But hey you have EPA so just dial it down to 5 watts and you have it.

LivingTheDream

Reaction score
reply is in quote.

Slash has posted (Facebook/Twitter) that he has been testing and recording with a new 5w AFD combo unit. This is a different unit than the unit that you referred to.

As far as units go, of the 2300 AFD amps, only 500 came to the states. The YJM100 has a production run of 1500. I wonder if Marshall will keep the same percentages as the AFD?

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
:lol:

At my point in life the only chicks contacting me are the sports moms trying to figure out where their kid is supposed to be.

I do miss baking cookies...

kelv_w

Reaction score
here's a close encounter with one. I love it! :naughty:

fbwemu.jpg

oanp7d.jpg

MKB

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the limited editions getting sold out too soon. The YJM has enough unique features that either it will make its way into the amp line as a standard product, or they will just make more of them as it is. That is, if the market is there. I can't imagine Marshall selling only 1500 if the market wants 15,000; they'd be stupid not to fulfill that need. Every manufacturer wants to find the better mousetrap, and this just might be it.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics! :dude:

I love it. 1,500 or 15,000 either way I want one.

Papus

Reaction score
Don't forget that of the 1,500 units manufactured, YJM himself will need 200-400 just for his fake backline

Viking62

Reaction score
Yngwie himself is jamming it out today at 3PM. Why have a copy when you can have the original. As for Chris George playing, that was brilliant. Most of the guys that buy this amp will NOT be shredders. Mike and few others of course are interested but I have a feeling this puppy is going to appeal more to the players that rock it out just like that video.

Yeah like this guy..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_xNQPxQ_4]Marshall YJM100 Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Head Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Its a very impressive amp. I just wonder with all that layering with any problems with it....?

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
I would like to think that Marshall has their chyt together with this beast. The idea of adding some extra goodies to a proven design like the 1959 just makes sense.
If you look at the JVM IMO Marshall has figured out how to add modern to their stuff while keeping it as reliable as a tank.

crankedmarshall

Reaction score
got one on-order when do they hit the stores?:wave:

I'm in B.C. and have had one on pre order for many months. I don't think any have hit Canada yet. It's very frustrating!

I'm buying a used DSL-50 tomorrow. That should hold me over for a while longer.

gman4

Reaction score
just setting up my account, but....

i am in canada (ontario) and i received my YJM last week (sept. 15th) and according to the completion certificate it was made/tested on august 18th....

previously i have had a tsl, vm and most recently a jvm410 (oh and an afd100 for 3 hours before i returned it) .... suffice it to say i am BEYOND happy with this amp.... like way beyond happy.... lol

quick facts:

main guitar through it - lefty dean ml (the dimebag trib) with a seymour custom custom.... others include gibson sg and modded tokai LP....

main cab - 18 yr. old marshall 1960ax with greenbacks....

i will do a more detailed post this weekend but after leaning on this site for info thought i would get something posted.... if anyone has any questions regarding the amp i am more than happy to answer/test-try out for you!

oh and awesome site btw.... i have enjoyed learning a lot form all of you over the past while on various things marshall.... hopefully i can make some meaningful contributions now myself....

Latest posts