Tonerider Vintage 90 Pickup Set

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone tried the Tonerider Vintage 90 pickups in their Gibson Les Paul Special's? I just came across these pickups while looking for replacement P90 pickups for my 98 Gibson Les Paul Special.

List of things already done years ago on my Les Paul: Grover Deluxe 135 Nickel tuning keys, factory bridge saddles replaced with GraphTech notched saddles, factory neck P100 pickup still in and bridge P100 pickup was swapped out for a used DiMarzio DP209 P-90 Super Distortion, all Gibson 500K Volume & Tone pots put in, still have factory 300K Gibson pots. Guitar is in standard E tuning with .010 - .046 nickel wound strings. I'm in a 2 guitarist Classic Rock/Heavy Metal/Hair Metal cover band and would like to use my Gibson for live shows and rehearsals and go back & forth between standard tuning and Drop D.

speyfly

Reaction score
I can't speak to the Tonerider Vintage P-90's but I do have a set of Tele Vintage Plus pickups and love them. Hope this helps!

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I have a set of

Tonerider Rebel 90 Humbucker sized P90 Pickup Set Gold​

installed in a Tele, happy with them,

Good pickups but I think P90's are pretty simple and most sound good,
the problem is they pickup electrical interference,
eg if I have my big old PC with a big graphics card on I can hear static when the screen changes.
So not great for high gain as the buzz gets BUZZY.

Latest posts