Trade-in JMP 2203 1978 - 1959T 1970

• Thread starter Delc13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Delc13

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it’s been a while!

After spending some time enjoying my 1978 JMP it has come to me an interesting opportunity that I would like to share with you and looking for some advice and opinion.
I’ve found a 1970 Super Lead Tremolo (full stock) which is in very good shape and the owner told me that it would be open for a trade-in with my MV. I’m in love with the JMP, but the idea of having a Super Lead beast is fascinating (I don’t have sound and noise issues so the NMV would not be a problem for me). I know that this question will probably lead to a “civil war” ahahah but what would you do? Thank you very much!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
It might be fun to go play that guy's amp but I'd keep the 2203.

79 2203

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it’s been a while!

After spending some time enjoying my 1978 JMP it has come to me an interesting opportunity that I would like to share with you and looking for some advice and opinion.
I’ve found a 1970 Super Lead Tremolo (full stock) which is in very good shape and the owner told me that it would be open for a trade-in with my MV. I’m in love with the JMP, but the idea of having a Super Lead beast is fascinating (I don’t have sound and noise issues so the NMV would not be a problem for me). I know that this question will probably lead to a “civil war” ahahah but what would you do? Thank you very much!
What are your fave bands/guitarists and what tones do you go for most ?
I sold my namesake amp last week after a decade of great tones, but at the end of the day, most of my fave guitar tones are from the late 60’s to mid 70’s (ACDC, Zep, Purple, Lizzy, Free, UFO, Cream, Kiss etc) and it sounded more authentic when I played them on my stock 70 Superbass and 71 1987.

Delc13

Reaction score
What are your fave bands/guitarists and what tones do you go for most ?
I sold my namesake amp last week after a decade of great tones, but at the end of the day, most of my fave guitar tones are from the late 60’s to mid 70’s (ACDC, Zep, Purple, Lizzy, Free, UFO, Cream, Kiss etc) and it sounded more authentic when I played them on my stock 70 Superbass and 71 1987.
they’re mine too, nonetheless with some adjustment and setting I’ve been able to reach a quite good result with the 2203, except for one tone.. AFD and with the 1959T I think it could be a good starting point to reach out that tone (given the fact that I’m not Slash.. so 😅). I’m really struggling 🥲

Smellytele

Reaction score
Well, I know for me, I would never sell or trade my '78 2203. I'm very fortunate that I have been able to add other amps without having to sell or trade my 2203 and that's not a luxury a lot of people have. Honestly, up until a few years ago it's not luxury I had either. I think you might end up really missing that amp. But as far as trade value, if it's a straight trade I'd say you are coming out ahead.