• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Tube Amp care for long distance travel

• Thread starter dirtyhippie08
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyhippie08

Reaction score
I am moving to Savannah Georgia from Pa and I would like my TSL602 to not be damaged on the way. I have other amps but they are solid state. Is there anything I can do to ensure that the tubes will not be damaged? I am renting a box truck and I know they are very bumpy. Any advice is very appreciated.

BeardedRetroGuy

Reaction score
You could....pull the tubes out?

Seriously, get some bubble-wrap, pull each tube out, wrap it up, then mark it with a number so you'll remember where it goes. Then pull the next one, wrap it up, yadda yadda.

Then you stick all the wrapped up tubes back into the empty space inside the amp head and put the back plate back on. Then you can ship the amp.

But if you're like me, I have an amp flight case that all of that goes into to help protect it from impacts. Super sweet. Flight case cost me around $300, however.

kamran

Reaction score
Didn't even think about getting a flight case until I picked one up as a package deal with my plexi, they're a blessing. Just drop the head in, latch it up, and forget about it.

Clammy

Reaction score
You could....pull the tubes out?

Seriously, get some bubble-wrap, pull each tube out, wrap it up, then mark it with a number so you'll remember where it goes. Then pull the next one, wrap it up, yadda yadda.

Then you stick all the wrapped up tubes back into the empty space inside the amp head and put the back plate back on. Then you can ship the amp.

But if you're like me, I have an amp flight case that all of that goes into to help protect it from impacts. Super sweet. Flight case cost me around $300, however.

I agree with this, with one addition - also completely fill the inside of the headbox (with chassis installed) with bubblewrap, and have the wrapped tubes in the middle of the stuffing. Then just put the amp in a sturdy box, and you'll be good to go.

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

Latest posts