Tube recommendation for the Haze 15

• Thread starter 357mag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

357mag

Reaction score
What would be good tubes for a Haze 15? It seems the Tung-Sol 6V6GTA would be good. Any others? I'm looking for smooth creamy distortion. Clean not needed.

Dawg76

Reaction score
Have done re-tubes on my silverface princeton reverb and BluesJr, but have no plans to retube the Haze 15. The stock tubes in my 15 (JJ ECC83 and Shuguang 6V6s) are pretty good from what I've read (and heard). That said, I chose Tung Sol Reissue 6V6s for the SFPR; recommended by Mike at KCA for new production 6V6. thetubestore.com Audio and vacuum tubes for your amplifier. has 6V6 reviews.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
NOS 6V6's are going for cheap on EBAY. Name your brand. I buy a lot of tubes off of EBAY and I don't know why the 6V6's are not selling very good. Makes it a great deal for a buyer.

LosAngelesAceFace

Reaction score
Since it's a head, I'd recommend the new Mullards. By far my favorite new tube. JJs would make it sound more Fender like, and Tung Sols come close to the Marshall sound, but not quite. I've tried all of these in my Marshall, and the Mullard just had more of that classic Marshall sound.

BCnSTL

Reaction score
I went with Sylvania 6V6GTAs - reported mid 60s vintage. I went with Amperex preamp tubes. it sounds fantastic, cleans and overdriven.

equilibrium78

Reaction score
There's allot of good tubes out there. It's going to take awhile to go through all the different brand of tubes. JJ's and NOS GE tubes i like,but again it comes down to your ears.