UNICORN SUPER RARE IBANEZ MAHOGANY DESTROYER

• Thread starter Exotic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Exotic

Reaction score

the day we thought would never come ,has . r u kidding me? a mahogany destroyer? this is a unicorn , this is unique object . how many of these are there? 1 ? 2 ?3 ? whoever has them keeps them pretty well locked up u never see them ,i saw maybe 2 in photos ,now 3 . wait a minute this is a standard ole run of the mill destroyer ,someone stripped it and painted it dark like this !?!. no it's real isn't it? i don't remember much talk about this in the past except wow wouldn't it be nice if one of these came up for sale it's so rare . 6,500 pretty good? considering a regular one came up for sale for 9 grand recently ,and it was pretty banged up ,this one is pretty banged up too though .

http://www.thedestroyerguy.com/6string/Mahogany2459.html

Ima have to let this one get away ,the person who buys this is smart and wealthy .
quick grab it .
dark sister

jeffb

Reaction score
They are definitely rare. But as long as the name on the headstock doesn't concern you, you can get one of those from Burny/Fernandes, Tokai, etc.

And for the money they are asking for them (or the SEN versions), people would be fools to buy one unless you were some kind of Ibanez collector with deep pockets and want to hang it on a wall.

For $6K you are getting a far superior guitar in every single way with one of
THESE

And for less than half that you can get
MAHOGANY

Exotic

Reaction score
ok so it's gone ,anyone here get it? i hope so ,if so congrats .
i will probably for the rest of my life remember this day as the day i made a huge mistake and let this one get away?
do we all agree this is authentic?
why does the truss rod cover say custom? was it put there by ibanez or did one of the previous owners put it there?
i could have gotten it if i wanted to but i passed because this is what i was looking at in my life ,don't get it and be 6 grand in debt with the 4 guitars i currently own ,or get it and be 12 thousand in debt ,with 5 guitars .
whoever got it, be glad i didn't get it or else u wouldn't be the owner right now : )
how important is this guitar? it's totally a guitar for a collector only really right? someone who will keep it in good condition as possible and hardly ever play it . i didn't expect it to be there for long ,but strange it was only at gruhns and not on reverb or ebay ?

look at this coincidence ,where did the mahogany destroyer sell from? ebay or reverb ? no, from george gruhn's in tennessee . who was the one that in 1975 at the namm show pointed out to ibanez that the headstock was all wrong on the destroyer ? give u one guess , george gruhn .
did he have that mahogany destroyer from way back then ? or did someone bring it in for him to sell?