Valentines Day 2024

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
It's on its way again. For those of YOU in relationships, what are YOU doing for YOUR significant other this year?

Me? I usually give my girl flowers, but this year I'm thinking about getting a blank card, and I'm trying to think of something really romantic to write in it. You know, something straight from my heart.

This is what I have so far: "To my love: you are the sweetest and most precious thing I have ever owned".

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
my wife and I rarely ever do anything on Valentine's Day because we prefer not to be slaves to the calendar. we don't need society or the calendar to tell us when we should be romantic, go out on a date, or do something special for each other. we will pick other random days during the year when WE feel like doing something like that. we also both believe that everyone should show their loved ones that they love them every single day of the year, not once a year. Valentine's Day is nothing more than a manufactured holiday of orchestrated mass consumerism. its a heavily promoted day of big business. nothing more.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always flowers for her, my wife. We give each other a Valentine's Day card.

Usually a nice meal, sometimes out, sometimes at home.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife and I rarely ever do anything on Valentine's Day because we prefer not to be slaves to the calendar. we don't need society or the calendar to tell us when we should be romantic, go out on a date, or do something special for each other. we will pick other random days during the year when WE feel like doing something like that. we also both believe that everyone should show their loved ones that they love them every single day of the year, not once a year. Valentine's Day is nothing more than a manufactured holiday of orchestrated mass consumerism. its a heavily promoted day of big business. nothing more.
Yeah that sounds all good on paper and stuff, but have you ever sent her a bouquet of lowers at work where she'll feel special in front of her coworkers, while making yourself look like an awesome guy? Try that, and tell me what kind of mood she's in when she gets home. Valentines Day doesn't have to be corporate BS, it's an opportunity to make your girl feel special and part of a celebration.

In my experience anyway.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Usually a card and flowers for the wife, and a big box of chocolate for everyone in the house to share.

PelliX

Reaction score
Valentine's day... yeah, some flowers. You guys do know about the 14th of *March*, right? S&BJ Day... that's where it's at... :thumb:

Derek S

Reaction score
Write her a song, play it with feeling.

I keed lol! Dinner/flowers. Cliche but I think they like that sometimes.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds all good on paper and stuff, but have you ever sent her a bouquet of lowers at work where she'll feel special in front of her coworkers, while making yourself look like an awesome guy? Try that, and tell me what kind of mood she's in when she gets home. Valentines Day doesn't have to be corporate BS, it's an opportunity to make your girl feel special and part of a celebration.

In my experience anyway.
yes, I've done that many times in the early days of our relationship. but after several years of that, we both came to the conclusion that flowers are pretty much a waste of money since they only stay good for like a few days before they wither and die. and once again, why do me and my wife have to be slaves to the calendar? why do we have to be romantic, and why do I have to do something special for my wife just on that specific day? don't tell me when I should do things like that for my wife. I'll decide when I want to do those things. its way more appreciated when guys do something for their woman on a day that isn't a special occasion. and by the way, my wife is 1,000% in agreement with me on this. I promise you that.

also, doesn't it make more sense to be spontaneous and actually surprise your significant other on a day that she wouldn't expect it?? of course she's expecting something on Valentine's Day. they all are. not to mention that the prices of flowers, chocolates, jewelry, cards, etc. are way higher around Valentine's Day... oh, and all the restaurants everywhere are over-booked on Valentine's Day as well... just goes to show what a racket it is.

trust me, your significant other will definitely appreciate it way more if you do something romantic or special for her on a day that isn't Valentine's Day, isn't her birthday, and isn't your wedding anniversary. I highly recommend picking another random day that she isn't expecting. maybe do something small to show her you love her once or twice a week. and tell your wife or girlfriend that you love her every single day.

Last edited: