(Video) Studio Vintage - Dynamics Test \o/

Del Rei

Reaction score
Hi, there.

Just recorded today this video... Trying some dynamics with the SV20. And I think it works really great.

Used my Les Paul (Brazilian handmade and also pickups), my isobox (Creamback65 + SM57 + P170) + Two Notes Captor (-20dB). Added some reverb in Reaper.

(the headshell was a snakeskin, but I changed it to a white one, made by Sourmash)

\o/

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, there.

Just recorded today this video... Trying some dynamics with the SV20. And I think it works really great.

Used my Les Paul (Brazilian handmade and also pickups), my isobox (Creamback65 + SM57 + P170) + Two Notes Captor (-20dB). Added some reverb in Reaper.

(the headshell was a snakeskin, but I changed it to a white one, made by Sourmash)

\o/

Your playing and tone never disappoint
Amp looks great in the white head shell.
Cheers
Mitch

ken361

Reaction score
Tell ya the JJ power tubes are more brighter then my new EH and fuller some too prb matched better too.

Del Rei

Reaction score
Your playing and tone never disappoint
Amp looks great in the white head shell.
Cheers
Mitch
Hey, Mitch.
Always a nice guy. Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate it! :)

Tell ya the JJ power tubes are more brighter then my new EH and fuller some too prb matched better too.
Hey Ken!
I have a couple of spare EHX, but never noticed big difference. I have recorde a video comparing them with my Studio Classic, and to be honest, noticed no difference….

ken361

Reaction score
Hey, Mitch.
Always a nice guy. Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate it! :)

Hey Ken!
I have a couple of spare EHX, but never noticed big difference. I have recorde a video comparing them with my Studio Classic, and to be honest, noticed no difference….
I can tell some especially in the jubilee it took a good bit of highs out and didnt like that and put the tungsols back in. I play loud with attenuation to alter the tone in any ways:)

Del Rei

Reaction score
I can tell some especially in the jubilee it took a good bit of highs out and didnt like that and put the tungsols back in. I play loud with attenuation to alter the tone in any ways:)
Interesting. Never played the Mini Jubilee (must be awesome!) but here is a recording of my test with original tubes vs EHX. But I only changed the power tubes.