Vintage Modern

• Thread starter Pat6969
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Looking at buying a used 2266. Anything I need to know about or should look for. I don't want a problem amp. Should I go for a DSL?

The Ozzk

Reaction score
I love my VM. No issues whatsoever. Just for the record, DSL and VM very, very different amps. Make sure to understand how to use the VM's "detail" and "body" controls.

:yesway:

dreyn77

Reaction score
If you've already got a 5150, then the VM is a good choice if you want something very different.

The whole point of buying new is so there's almost NO problems.

you have to expect problems with S/H.
you're buying a product which somebody doesn't want.
It's between you and the seller how much value you put on a product which is busted/broken. DOn't listen to the BS where they quote a secret market value for the item.
cause then you should remind them that the system of money finished in 2008, and now no systems to do with money make any sense. it's all madness of people who refuse to give up the system of money which is NOW valueless.

Lily_Taeko74

Reaction score
Dude the VM is a great choice and in my opinion a very underrated amp compared to some of the "all-talk" amps out there. I really recommend just buying it whether its a head or a combo get is asap. There's no problem with that other than its not sitting in your room lol

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Looking at buying a used 2266. Anything I need to know about or should look for. I don't want a problem amp. Should I go for a DSL?
Are you looking at the 2266C or the 2266H? Marshall produced the 2266 in a combo and in a head. I adore the G12C speakers that came in the 2266C as well as the accompanying 425 cabinets. I had a 425B cab that was just unbelievable! I played mine through my 410H, but they are equally phenomenal with either 2266 or 2466 VM head or in the combo.

I suggest looking into getting a 425 cab for the heads, if possible, or checking the combos for the original G12C speakers.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at the 2266C or the 2266H? Marshall produced the 2266 in a combo and in a head. I adore the G12C speakers that came in the 2266C as well as the accompanying 425 cabinets. I had a 425B cab that was just unbelievable! I played mine through my 410H, but they are equally phenomenal with either 2266 or 2466 VM head or in the combo.

I suggest looking into getting a 425 cab for the heads, if possible, or checking the combos for the original G12C speakers.

1960ax/bx with greenbacks if a 425 doesn't come up on the radar. :yesway:

Bieling3

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the LED is burnt out, its a common problem and an easy fix. Pretty trouble free design otherwise. I've never seen any volume of reliability complaints. Somewhat of a learning curve to dialing it in properly, but once you get there, man...

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Rehearsal last night with the VM... skull crushing tone consistently delivered time and time again.

BTW beautiful cleans on the neck pickup, backed off vol, on HDR with a touch of delay and modulation. :cool:

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
I have a VM 2466 and a DSL 50. If I had to only have one, it'd probably be the DSL.

VM cleans are (much) better.... VM high gain is better and can get much thicker, but for the middle ground of edgy crunch to medium-high gain, the DSL works a lot better for me. And since that's where I spend most of my time, that's why I'd have the DSL

Tiboy

Reaction score
Every transaction is different, but I bought my 2266H used. It gets played just about every day. Great amp with zero issues.