what year did Marshall STOP using the homa castors?

• Thread starter snakej200
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

snakej200

Reaction score
I've got a 1960a jcm800 bass cab from circa 1984. Someone on tgp had mentioned that it has the homa castors but I'm not sure and I'd be surprised if they still used them in the 80's. Does anyone know what year Marshall stopped using the homa castors? I'm trying to figure out if I have them or not.

MarshallMan1954

Reaction score
They stopped using those castors in 1982 and replaced them with a Chinese rebrand. Odds are you have knock off chinese junk

MarshallMan1954

Reaction score
You may actually have the real castors could have been put on after the fact Judging from the pictures!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
the other thing that one would need to see, is, if the mount base is plastic & has the niche hole for the nut, on the caster stud...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I bought these for a cab I have...

The guy I bought them from, didn't know the exact date, but said either '79 -'80. They have the niche hole in the plastic caster. I suppose they could be '81, too. :shrug:

ends up, I am not using them w/ the cab after all... I have the mount bases installed, but the casters are just sitting around. My cab is in a flight case & the wheels don't fit in the case...

snakej200

Reaction score
I bought these for a cab I have...

The guy I bought them from, didn't know the exact date, but said either '79 -'80. They have the niche hole in the plastic caster. I suppose they could be '81, too. :shrug:

ends up, I am not using them w/ the cab after all... I have the mount bases installed, but the casters are just sitting around. My cab is in a flight case & the wheels don't fit in the case...
I bought this early 80’s cab with g12-65 (55hz version). It’s missing a back panel but i found an empty 1960b cab im gonna grab tomorrow. My plan is to swap the wheels and sell the homa’s to recoup the money I’m putting out For the empty cab

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Honestly, neither the Homa casters nor whatever they are using today are very good. I've always replaced them with heavier duty industrial casters, unless it's a cab that stays at home. If you're doing any type of gigging where you have to roll the cabs on uneven pavement etc and you're not using road cases or some kind of dolly, better casters are a must-have IMHO.

MarshallMan1954

Reaction score
I bought this early 80’s cab with g12-65 (55hz version). It’s missing a back panel but i found an empty 1960b cab im gonna grab tomorrow. My plan is to swap the wheels and sell the homa’s to recoup the money I’m putting out For the empty cab

Honestly, neither the Homa casters nor whatever they are using today are very good. I've always replaced them with heavier duty industrial casters, unless it's a cab that stays at home. If you're doing any type of gigging where you have to roll the cabs on uneven pavement etc and you're not using road cases or some kind of dolly, better casters are a must-have IMHO.

MarshallMan1954

Reaction score
I think you are missing the context of Snakej200’s post, I think he wants to validate he has something rare that is worth some money. I believe he’s a vintage collector like myself.

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
I think you are missing the context of Snakej200’s post, I think he wants to validate he has something rare that is worth some money. I believe he’s a vintage collector like myself.
oh yeah that vintage Bass series 1984 cab. SUCH a rare classic. Don't change anything on it, it might devalue it from $600 to $595!! :eek:

Last edited:

snakej200

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    969.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    745.5 KB · Views: 3