When I power on my Marshall MG30FX amp in clean mode I get the Chorus effect even when FX is turned off

Tedd

Reaction score
I purchased a Marshall MG30FX amp (Serial Number V011AA674U) from Musician's Friend. When I power on the amp In clean mode I get the Chorus effect even when FX is turned off. I returned the amp to Musicians Friend and got a replacement. Same problem. Eventually, I discovered that turning the FX knob past the Chorus setting then back to "Off" shuts off the Chorus effect. I have to do this every time I turn on the amp. Anyone else experience this problem? Thanks for your help.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Marshall MG30FX amp (Serial Number V011AA674U) from Musician's Friend. When I power on the amp In clean mode I get the Chorus effect even when FX is turned off. I returned the amp to Musicians Friend and got a replacement. Same problem. Eventually, I discovered that turning the FX knob past the Chorus setting then back to "Off" shuts off the Chorus effect. I have to do this every time I turn on the amp. Anyone else experience this problem? Thanks for your help.
:welcome:
To The Forum
It’s been 4 years since I played with my MG 30. (It’s on loan) but I don’t recall having that problem.

Cheers
Mitch

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have chorus saved in a preset.
Try switching the amp to manual mode.