Which 1959slp reissue should I buy?

• Thread starter Astra Planeta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Astra Planeta

Reaction score
I want to buy a 1959slp reissue (non-handwired version). I know they made them from 1991 to 2017, apart from the fx loop (which I dont need) did they make any changes to the amp over the years? Are certain eras better than others or do I not need to worry about which one I'm buying?
Cheers

Xabas

Reaction score
I just uploaded a thread 2 days ago where i posted some guts shots of my '92 SLP RI if you wanna take a look.

Any reissue will suit your needs but if were talking in terms of quality comparison:
IMO those early 90s 1959slp reissues (without fx loop) are the better build ones, when the dagnalls were still made in England just like in the 60s and 70s and there wasnt any environmental regulations affecting the production.

Its basically like having an early 70s metal panel but 20 years younger lol.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I want to buy a 1959slp reissue (non-handwired version). I know they made them from 1991 to 2017, apart from the fx loop (which I dont need) did they make any changes to the amp over the years? Are certain eras better than others or do I not need to worry about which one I'm buying?
Cheers
They're all pretty much the same, except for some having the loop. I always prefer a loop, as it's better to have than not. I run my noise gates in the loops of all my amps, best place for a gate if you want to kill preamp noise.