Who is buying a mini Jubilee?

• Thread starter thegaindeli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
Not sure I understand the price issues people seem to be having with the Silver Jubilee mini's.

Could you imagine buying a $100,000 Mercedes and asking for cheaper wheels and smaller engine then requesting that you only pay $50,000 (for the some model)? Doesn't work that way.

Less wood, smaller transformers and 2 less tubes - that's the only difference to the 100w. Doesn't necessarily translate to less cost of production. Not by much anyway.

I certainly don't feel this way. I just wouldn't have a use for it. I think the price is plenty fair considering what you get for the money but I'm just not able to justify the USE of the amp, not the price.. I think that's a good deal. I mean you save what? $500 from the big one and you get to carry less weight? That's pretty good.

dreyn77

Reaction score
doesn't marshall hand the goods over to the RETAILERS ASSOCIATION for THEM to set the price????

I guess i'm waiting for them people to get into the internet age and sell their own amps again.
retail shop selling practice is OVER!
that method belongs in the past.
marshall is being dragged kicking & screaming into the internet age.

THis price points concepts endup preventing me from associating with people. If I don't have the product, then I can't join in the conversations. :(

I'm missing from the DSL40c's massive thread too. :(

Joe2000

Reaction score
that's like saying a 20' boat should cost the same as a 100' boat because they both float.:applause:

Very different...The labour and boat materials are going to be very expensive for those extra 80'.

The couple of feet of extra ply for the amp will not be...and the labour mostly likely remains the same.

JAC

Reaction score
I want one but, I can't afford one right now. I want to try out the head version or combo in the store when I spot one.

Msharky67

Reaction score
I would buy one if it were a Vietnamese made one than a U.K. one for a more sensible price like $699 or less. They did it with the DSL they can do it with others too and why not! How has the sale of those DSL's been. I would think pretty good right! Its so hard to make decisions on gear when you either have a budget or are searching for a certain tonal range and all that you have thrown at you is one series (DSL) and you don't want that even though it is good but you would prefer something different. I want the best bang for my buck but also the right features, tone ,and styling. I also think about resale value as is if I am going to sell it am I going to get something out of it. I have wanted to get a good combo and or a mini head. I am not interested in a full size head right now. I am not bashing anybody and I would hope you wouldn't either.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
In terms of resale value, you won't get mich for your Haze or DSL50 either so don't worry too much about that. When it comes to features, tone, etc one thing to keep in mind with the Jubilee series is the shared gain control between channels. I find it limiting, depending on your style or needs. You might want to , yes, keep waiting or check out a CODE when they arrive. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised!!
Otherwise for that budget, a Peavey 6505MH may work for you, again, depending on style etc.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I would buy one if it were a Vietnamese made one than a U.K. one for a more sensible price like $699 or less. They did it with the DSL they can do it with others too and why not! How has the sale of those DSL's been. I would think pretty good right! Its so hard to make decisions on gear when you either have a budget or are searching for a certain tonal range and all that you have thrown at you is one series (DSL) and you don't want that even though it is good but you would prefer something different. I want the best bang for my buck but also the right features, tone ,and styling. I also think about resale value as is if I am going to sell it am I going to get something out of it. I have wanted to get a good combo and or a mini head. I am not interested in a full size head right now. I am not bashing anybody and I would hope you wouldn't either.

Under a grand and I'd be much happier and wouldn't give it a second thought to pre-order one. Realistically maybe they could do $899 for an Asian made amp, kind of like they did with the DSL.

Latest posts