Yet Another GC Order Thread...

• Thread starter fitz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my son the bass player wants a new bass for x-mas.
He's been playing the Jay Turser jazz style POS I gave him last year when school went on lockdown and marching band was not happening (he also plays tenor sax).
He picked out a reasonably priced Sterling Sting Ray - Trans blue satin with jatoba fretboard.
upload_2021-11-21_17-55-37.png
We even went to the local GC a few weeks ago to try one out that they had in stock.
The X and I are splitting the cost of it for his main present for Christmas day.

So I went online to make sure the local one was still available and started a chat to see how long I could leave it at the store if I paid on line with my gear card and picked it up next week some time.
The chat turned into a phone call with a sales rep and the in-store demo turned into a new in box, shipped to my house, 10% off - I didn't even ask for anything.
If you thought this was another "I hate GC" thread, sorry to disappoint.
The dudes at my local store are super cool, and now I'm fairly happy with the phone sales too.
Things could still go south with a crappy shipping experience, or a lemon unit in the box, but I can always return it and start over.
Fingers crossed.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
So my son the bass player wants a new bass for x-mas.
He's been playing the Jay Turser jazz style POS I gave him last year when school went on lockdown and marching band was not happening (he also plays tenor sax).
He picked out a reasonably priced Sterling Sting Ray - Trans blue satin with jatoba fretboard.
View attachment 98246
We even went to the local GC a few weeks ago to try one out that they had in stock.
The X and I are splitting the cost of it for his main present for Christmas day.

So I went online to make sure the local one was still available and started a chat to see how long I could leave it at the store if I paid on line with my gear card and picked it up next week some time.
The chat turned into a phone call with a sales rep and the in-store demo turned into a new in box, shipped to my house, 10% off - I didn't even ask for anything.
If you thought this was another "I hate GC" thread, sorry to disappoint.
The dudes at my local store are super cool, and now I'm fairly happy with the phone sales too.
Things could still go south with a crappy shipping experience, or a lemon unit in the box, but I can always return it and start over.
Fingers crossed.
I always liked the look of those basses and wished they made guitars with the same look! :yesway:

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. I was all primed for a good greasy rant about a deal gone wrong, smashed freight and overcharges.

I'll get over it.

Merry Christmas to bass boy :fever:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Wow. GC must really be ok. To think I actually had the nerve to post about them relisting defective products. :noplease:

Lol.

Congrats, bro. That's a real looker bass.

:yesway::metal:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. GC must really be ok. To think I actually had the nerve to post about them relisting defective products. :noplease:

Lol.

Congrats, bro. That's a real looker bass.

:yesway::metal:
I might just be lucky with my local GC.
I'm sure there are a lot of douch bag employees at other GC's.
I sure run into my fair share shopping for other stuff at other retail stores.

(p.s. - thanks for the gear pic likes Sap)

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I might just be lucky with my local GC.
I'm sure there are a lot of douch bag employees at other GC's.
I sure run into my fair share shopping for other stuff at other retail stores.

(p.s. - thanks for the gear pic likes Sap)

Yea, I really think it's more of an accountability thing these days. No one cares and no one who looks over cares ...

There was a time people wouldn't really do the kinda things you see out of dignity, and that was even strengthened by the fact they might get fired.

Neither would be anything of matter these days. No particular places to really mention or not mention really.

No prob on the "Likes". It was like popping bubbles. Lol.

:metal:

Dblgun

Reaction score
Glad to hear your dealings have worked out so far. Hope the bass arrives safe and ready to rock for your son. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited: