• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

yet another wiring question w/pic

• Thread starter StratMonster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StratMonster

Reaction score
I am playing a Marshall JCM 900. I am hoping to finish wiring this cab by the weekend, but have a question.
I was only going to install 1 - 1/4 jack receiver in the back. Not a plate just a single plug in.
Am I correct with this diagram to install 2 - 8 ohm speakers in series for a total of 16 ohms? Then set my head for 16 an let er' rip?
Or....do I need to install 2 Jack receivers. One for in and one for out?
ExampleA.png

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Yes, two 8 ohm speakers wired in series like that, for a total 16 ohms, through a speaker cable terminating into a 1/4" mono phono plug will work. Positive connects to tip and negative connects to sleeve of plug. Set your amplifier impedance selector to 16 ohms. Let er rip.

brp

Reaction score
Be advised though that wiring in series this way, if one speaker blows, the other will not work either and your 900 will have no load.