Yo

• Thread starter Matt-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt-J

Reaction score
Hi,

Thought I ought to do this before asking the question I signed up to ask..... :-/ (not that I mind belonging to a Marshall forum mind you)

I'm Matt and I have several Marshalls, primarily DSLs of various age and wattage, but also an SC20.

Greetings fellow Marshall owners/enthusiasts.....

Matt-J

Reaction score
Marshall SC20?

Do you like it?
So far, yes, though unfortunately I've not had much opportunity to use it. It mainly gets used as a cleanish pedal platform on the low input (also exploiting the volume drop when the effects loop is in use) when I'm playing at church....but although it serves that purpose quite nicely for me, it doesn't really let it shine!!

I've always liked the sound of the 800s but with them being 50 &100 watts, AND single channel I knew it would be difficult to justify. Shortly after the SC20 came out I was looking for a 2-channel lunchbox head (ironically for the purpose I now use the SC20 for), and tried the SC20 in the shop while I was there and thought it sounded ace, but still couldn't justify it so made a mental note to keep an eye out on the used market. Kept looking and a few years later a head and matching cab (SC212) came up on ebay virtually as new, and managed to get the lot for just over 700 squids. Plan was to sell on the cab with the result of a cheap SC20 head (as I haven't been particularly bothered by any of the marshall cabs I'd tried previously), but the head sounded considerably better on the SC212 than my other cabs so ended up keeping it :-/ Whoops.

So yeah, I have it so that I can use it when opportunity arises. Hopefully gonna make use of it in an originals project I'm involved with.