Zero to Three Marshalls in Five Months.

• Thread starter mistermullens
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mistermullens

Reaction score
Greetings, All! This is my first post and thought I'd say hello. I got my first Marshall, a Class 5 Head, back in July. September rolled around, and I picked up an SV20H for an amazing price. Ordered a custom 1x12 cab from Weber in November, and earlier this month, I picked up a Class 5 combo that doesn't rattle. I've always played Fender and some Vox amps, but was never completely satisfied and felt something was missing. I found it with Marshall. I love 5 watt amps, and they are suitable for most clubs I play with my band, and I love the Class 5 (I've read about the love/hate on these amps). I'm all in and while I don't see it happening soon, at some point I'll pick up a 1974x. Looking forward to learning more about Marshalls!

SV20 wCab Com.jpg

dtier

Reaction score
Hello. Nice looking rig! I built a TMB version of the 1974. It's definitely a little different sounding. Should compliment what you have now well.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum with your cache of Ms 👍
The 1974X you should be able to pick up second hand, there are quite a few around as it's the only handwired combo that's not been discontinued over the years.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
Nice man! I know your staying here will be fruitful, soon 3 will be 5 or 6. keep them coming!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the GOAT of Rock amps!

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
He is infected muhaha
I got many amps but none of them and I repeat none of them do Marshall.
Only Marshall can do Marshall.
And when you want humid privates only Marshall can provide that.
true story
Wait till you start playing on the big toys;)...

mistermullens

Reaction score
He is infected muhaha
I got many amps but none of them and I repeat none of them do Marshall.
Only Marshall can do Marshall.
And when you want humid privates only Marshall can provide that.
true story
Wait till you start playing on the big toys;)...
I’ve thought about it, but I just don’t see me playing a big toy, as you put it. Sure would be fun, though. Most of the clubs we play are too small for the SV20 on full power. I have a few I can play it in 5w mode, but the SV20 5w sounds louder to me than the Class5.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
I’ve thought about it, but I just don’t see me playing a big toy, as you put it. Sure would be fun, though. Most of the clubs we play are too small for the SV20 on full power. I have a few I can play it in 5w mode, but the SV20 5w sounds louder to me than the Class5.
You haven't played a marshal until you played 100 watter half stack