1960b Cabinet, Need Opinions

• Thread starter roxynoodle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

roxynoodle

Reaction score
I found a very minty one now for $300 and he will meet me partway. A 1960b cab with the original G12T-75 speakers and original wiring. He is supposed to send me a vid to demonstrate it's in perfect working order since if he meets me I can't test it. No power inverter on my truck.

Here are some pics:
00S0S_1GhtobZlMVL_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_dnwhz5XOa2l_600x450.jpg

Does that look to you guys like it would be pretty safe if I let him meet me with it? It looks really clean to me. I figure even if there is a cold solder joint or something I can fix that. Otherwise I might be driving 5 hours round trip, most of it in the dark, and dealing with rush hour during one way.

tschrama

Reaction score
Looks just fine, good price. I am looking out for such a cab (1960B with T75's) myself, but wouldn't drive 5 hours for it, even if it was free.

roxynoodle

Reaction score
Looks just fine, good price. I am looking out for such a cab (1960B with T75's) myself, but wouldn't drive 5 hours for it, even if it was free.

That would be round trip. But if he is willing to go an hour toward me that would cut me down to 3 hours round trip. Almost nothing shows up on CL near me, sadly.

gjohnson

Reaction score
Whats the gas gonna cost you? Might not be as great a deal as you think

BowerR64

Reaction score
Ive done it.

It wasnt a B cab but i drove 2 hours round trip for an A cab that had big holes cut in the back panel and needed the front cloth replaced had no speakers in it and got it for $75.

It needed abount 5 T-nuts, screws, new cloth and a new back panel along with speakers, and wiring. I had the drivers ready, ordered the cloth $40. and got the T nuts and screws at the hardware store.

It was worth it to me to rebuild it. I watched the 80s movie The warriors while i replaced the cloth and the speakers

SG~GUY

Reaction score

-looks like its in great shape-
-also looks like later, not the preferred vented 75's
-craigslist sucks were I live, nothing electric guitar wise... And on that rare blue moon day on leap year that it does, they want crazy $$$ for it... Like 3x the value.... Oregon is an odd place

roxynoodle

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the minty one. He was willing to meet me part of the way and made a vid for me to show it was working well, but then it snowed that day. And someone else bought it that night :(

So I'm still on the hunt.

Does anyone have an opinion on the MX412? MF has a 17% off sale going on, which would make one $415 shipped to my door. It has very good reviews on the sites selling it, yet when I did a search here people were trash talking it. Is that because they honestly have experience with it and it really isn't very good, or that it's cheaper and therefore must be bad (even if the people saying it have never played through one)?

I'm in the same boat with CL. I feel like there are maybe 13 guitarists in NW Ohio and I'm one of them. And every larger city in Ohio has 500% more items going up on CL every day than what is here.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
FYI if you ever have to do a quick speaker check, plug in a speaker cable and touch a 9v battery + to the tip and -to the sleeve. The speaker should all push OUT if in phase. If one or all pull in, it/they are out of phase.....but if they all move, they are not blown.

Last edited: