1960TV vs 1960A Cabinets

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
I have a JVM410HJS. I was using a 90s built 1960TV cabinet with four British Greenbacks. Sounds great. I just picked up a 1960A with the GT12-75s. To me the GT12s sound better and are better detailed. Am I crazy to like the GT12s over the Greenbacks? I thought for sure I would like the greenbacks better. Maybe its the highs and lows that are more defined with the GT12s that I am hearing where the greenbacks seem more mid heavy.

Last edited:

dreyn77

Reaction score
I thought you'd like them more.

those green backs are for the older style amps.

joe's unique pickups are making the warmth in the 75 speakers.
you'll have way too much with the greenbacks.

dreyn77

Reaction score
I've got this delema of cab size too.
It might make some difference to you standing near the cab but at the back of the area, I think the standard size is better.
the other option is bigger looks more impressive.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
I mixed those for a while with good results, however I liked my GBs more than the 75's and ended up with a quad and sold the 75's. Try it is all I can say and let us know your thoughts.

Rodney

Reaction score
I thought you'd like them more.

those green backs are for the older style amps.

actually dreyn77 i think you maybe right, after much a/b comparison between the TV and other cabs i now believe its as good as any ,as i to was kinda sceptical for a while.