1966 JTM45 BUILD

• Thread starter Marcomel79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sigs

Reaction score
Bosch, 2.5mm! I start very slow and increase speed at the end. I deburr the holes with a 8mm drill bit, and i do it by hand. Just a gentle couple turns. Afterwards i enlarge the holes a bit so the turret fits snug with some good pressure....
Try this for deburring.

Attachments

• DEBURRING TOOL.JPG
    DEBURRING TOOL.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 13

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Slow progress pn the build. Staked in the turrets on the board and a little test inside the the chassis

IMG_6892.jpeg

Mock up of the transformers. All good

IMG_6917.jpeg

Need to finish drilling the holes for the tube sockets then the chassis is ready for folding and welding of the sides

Last edited:

ThreeChordWonder

Reaction score
Your sheet metalwork is superb!

The last time I did anything close was back in the mid 1980s as a trainee in the craft apprentice school at Westland Helicopters back in the mid 80s, but the little pieces we did as trainees don't compare to yours!

Did you work from a drawing or template?

Where's the engineer's marking blue? (Old practical joke - smearing the stuff over black plastic toilet seats, so the victim gets a blue ring on his butt...)

How are you drilling the holes? Remember to clamp the sheet, not hold with your hands, please!

Have you remembered to include for your bending allowances?

How are you going to form the bends?

How are you going to weld / solder the ends?

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Your sheet metalwork is superb!

The last time I did anything close was back in the mid 1980s as a trainee in the craft apprentice school at Westland Helicopters back in the mid 80s, but the little pieces we did as trainees don't compare to yours!

Did you work from a drawing or template?

Where's the engineer's marking blue? (Old practical joke - smearing the stuff over black plastic toilet seats, so the victim gets a blue ring on his butt...)

How are you drilling the holes? Remember to clamp the sheet, not hold with your hands, please!

Have you remembered to include for your bending allowances?

How are you going to form the bends?

How are you going to weld / solder the ends?
Hey man, thanks. For the front and back panel i used the faceplates as templates. For the tube socket spacing i had @AndyD help me out. I used a step drill bit to cut the holes. And yes, everything was clamped down! Proof

IMG_6965.jpeg

For the transformers i just eyeballed it....
To do the bends i used a metal sheet bender at my friends motorcycle garage

IMG_6968.jpeg

This is how far ive come as i was working on other amps as well...

970AE33F-28CE-46A9-A056-16614135F3FD.jpeg

And yes, i will weld the sides. Well, my friend will do that for me...

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Little progress today. I forgot how long it takes to solder all the hook up wires.... next is populating the board since the chassis is not finished....

IMG_7002.jpeg

And the finished populated board. Now im off to bang some chords...

IMG_7007.jpeg

Last edited:

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Well the chassis is ready for a clean, three coats of clear sealant and the fun part will begin

IMG_7054.jpegIMG_7055.jpeg

giam23

Reaction score
very nice! been meaning to do a build like this, you may have inspired me. Are you making the headshell from scratch too?