1972 super lead 100

• Thread starter Highroller54
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Highroller54

Reaction score
I hAVE a 1972 super lead 100 and just plu ina new set of tubes and when I go to bias it thenbiasnpot wont go low enough. it runs a 24 watts or about 46 milliamps with then pot turn aslow as it will go need so help guys

Thanks

Highroller 64

Highroller54

Reaction score
does ,anyone knowm how to get a hold of the people at Tubedepot Ill be sending themtubes back two of them redmplated with the bias adjust6ment all then way down. bad tube I stuck my original tubes in and they biased properly.

Marcomel79

Reaction score
does ,anyone knowm how to get a hold of the people at Tubedepot Ill be sending themtubes back two of them redmplated with the bias adjust6ment all then way down. bad tube I stuck my original tubes in and they biased properly.
Give them a call?

playloud

Reaction score
It's right on their 'contact us' page: https://www.tubedepot.com/pages/contact-us

The symptoms you describe don't necessarily mean the tubes are faulty though. If stock, the bias circuit probably has a 47k resistor and 27k pot in series to ground (so max 74k). If you replace either the 47k resistor (with 56k or 68k) or the pot (with 50k), you'll be quite likely be able to achieve your target bias. It's a bit of a pain, but I've had to do similar with current production tubes in the past (which ran with no issues after that).