1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 50 Watt Head

• Thread starter growboxguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

growboxguy

Reaction score
For sale is the heart and soul of my collection, my all original 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 50 watt head with Marshall footswitch. This head has never been modded (even the original power cord is included) and is in great condition especially considering it is 27 years old. New (1 hour) TAD power tubes and fresh (under 30 hours) preamp tubes are included. Last week knowing I was selling I had this checked out by my local guitar shop; they installed the new TAD tubes, performed a professional bias and pot cleaning and a general go over ($131 receipt included). I am also including an extra set of Groove Tube power tubes that have less than 50 hours on them in case you want to try a slightly different tone from the TAD's.

This amp has that Appetite of Destruction tone and much more, you will not be disappointed! $2500 including free Continental US ship firm or will consider an Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII Head plus $1000 in trade.

FYI the only reason I am selling is the tranny is going out of my 08 Jetta, if not for this I would keep this amazing sounding head. I am willing to take a Rockerverb in trade only because a friend is looking for one and has cash.

If interested drop a message and I will get back to your right away, thanks for looking!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

growboxguy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you have to sell your Marshall for Auto repairs !!
I'd sell the Jetta before the Marshall .... ( Just sayi'n !! )

I just played for a half hour on the jubilee and I have decided I really, really don't want to let it go. I am gonna head to the bank tomorrow and see about a 90 day note, fk the interest lol

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
I just played for a half hour on the jubilee and I have decided I really, really don't want to let it go. I am gonna head to the bank tomorrow and see about a 90 day note, fk the interest lol

:hbang:

Awesome , i like your way of thinking ...

Also , only because i'm in the Automotive trade ..... see if the tranny shop with finance your repair/trans rebuild , many of them here in Saskatoon do it , as trans rebuilds are a costly affair !!:hmm:

Good Luck !!! :wave:

MarshallMark

Reaction score

Bank interest is cheap these days if you got a decent credit rating. That's a good or bad thing depending on what you're needing the money for.

Latest posts