2 16ohm cabinets is how many ohms?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Invest a few bucks and buy a Palmer cab merger.
As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, a cab merger box like the Palmer or the Radial are an easy, albeit expensive solution.
I made a few because the parts are a fraction of the cost.
Electrically no different than a Y cable, or the internal wiring of a multi speaker cab.
I've thought of making both a parallel Y cable and a serial Y cable, but I didn't want to chop up any of my good speaker cables.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
+1 for using a plastic box or otherwise keeping the jacks isolated from a metal box. Remember that speaker signal is AC and thus the "negative/ground" is actually positive half of the time. It's one thing when a metal jacketed/handled plug is securely plugged into/out of a speaker cabinet and/or amplifier output, but totally another to allow a live metal box to dangle/bounce around and possibly short against something grounded, like a metal power strip, outlet box, other amp chassis, etc!
Just Cautionin'
Gene

Reaction score
Th
Hello, Dominick!
It's perfectly fine to use a y-cable and this will result in an 8 ohm load. You can have total confidence. A y-cable will parallel the output which is what you want.

P.S. Plug the cabs into the output, not the input. :)
a buddy