$200K 1963 JTM45 One Of 6 Prototypes

nortiks

Reaction score
A Ceriatone clone of it with a Mercury OT for $1700 would slide right on thru a blind A/B. Just sayin'....
But it is a cool piece of history to those of us left that still care about that sort of thing.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
According to Ken underwood, Marshall never made any prototypes, they couldn't afford to. There certainly weren't 6 of them. Not having watched video, I call foul.
This may well be a very early JTM45 granted, and a cool find but that part I do not buy.

nortiks

Reaction score
According to Ken underwood, Marshall never made any prototypes, they couldn't afford to. There certainly weren't 6 of them. Not having watched video, I call foul.
This may well be a very early JTM45 granted, and a cool find but that part I do not buy.
That makes perfect sense to me. Especially given their reputation for doing anything and everything to get products out the door and sold. So maybe they are very early models. Or maybe they are no different than a counterfeit Ferrari. Believe it or not, those actually exist.

playloud

Reaction score
Here are the screenshots:

I don't know much about this era, but a couple of things stand out immediately:
- The PI layout looks wrong for 7 turret-wide board. Likely cut down from an 8 turret board (as MG were known to do).
- The yellow/blue Dubilier caps are anachronistic (should be grey RS PIO).

C-Man

Reaction score
Now why would the mains transformer have the voltage selector on top? Doesn’t this era of RS mains transformers (if that is one) have all the voltage taps on the bottom? That style end bell is also painted in hammer gray when it would normally be just a plated or raw metal end bell. I am glad I am not in the market for one of these.