2018 Dsl 40cr Full Review...

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
I reported your comment calling everyone pussies, I notice you have now removed it.
People are having a descussion about the amp and you come in with petty name calling for absolutely no reason.
Take a bow
Knowing Solar, he said it in jest. No need to get worked up about it.

Welcome to MF btw!

bill0287

Reaction score
Needle tips slide right in nicely!

Thanks. I thought I saw a picture somewhere that looked like the ports might fit banana tips, where maybe I wouldn't need to hold the leads. I could be mistaken.

With that said, are there any good videos that walk you through the bias process. I saw a couple online, but wondered what you guys were using.

I don't have the amp yet, but when I pick it up I just want to get a starter reading and go from there.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reported your comment calling everyone pussies, I notice you have now removed it.
People are having a descussion about the amp and you come in with petty name calling for absolutely no reason.
Take a bow

My bad. Please forgive my name calling. Sometimes I'm the village idiot.

Oh and welcome to the forum!:cheers:

Last edited:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that new members should take the time to look around and get a feel for the party before they start making assumptions and creating misunderstandings, but that's just me.

You're a seasoned member. I think he misunderstood me and took me seriously. Thanks for understanding I meant no harm. Preciate it!

whitecloud

Reaction score
Needle tips slide right in nicely!
But that breaks the one hand in there at a time rule. That said I did just that but am still shopping for mini-clip ends that have female end on the other side to connect to needle end lead or just a totally separate lead for the DVM

Gary harrer

Reaction score
Knowing Solar, he said it in jest. No need to get worked up about it.

Welcome to MF btw!

I'm certainly not worked up, I guess the problem with text in general is it almost impossible to know how things are meant.
No harm done.

I'm coming to the dsl from long jvm usage, mainly a jvmjs and highly modified jvm 410 h,
They were a little overkill for the pubs and clubs I play in.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly not worked up, I guess the problem with text in general is it almost impossible to know how things are meant.
No harm done.

I'm coming to the dsl from long jvm usage, mainly a jvmjs and highly modified jvm 410 h,
They were a little overkill for the pubs and clubs I play in.

You were right. I was an indiot!

So amp wise what's going on?

Gary harrer

Reaction score
You were right. I was an indiot!

So amp wise what's going on?

I've had the dsl 40cr for a week, had very little time to play it due to work, got the midi switching sorted with a line 6 helix which I will be using for effects.
Picking up a creamback neo tomorrow to throw in.I'm not totally happy with the v-type, that kind of slightly muffled mid forward sound isn't really my thing, I'd rather get a clearer speaker and turn up the mids

I'll report my thoughts once fitted

kingbee

Reaction score
Finally gigged my 40CR last night. Sounds so good. The speaker emulated output to the mixer sounded good too. I did have a problem when I would change channels and it wouldn't go back to the Master Volume that it was last on. This morning it all seems good again. Weird. Also, when the foot switch is NOT plugged in, changing channels manually remembers if the fx loop was on or not. Once the foot switch is plugged in is doesn't remember. Only on or off according to what the foot switch is set at. Not sure that this is the way it is supposed to be.

Reactions: LCW

LCW

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about getting a RAT for a while. Now I gotta order one. Is that boosting lead 1?

OD2, gain about 11:00. Distortion on Rat like 8:00 ie low. Filter about 11:30 or noon.

Last edited:

LCW

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about getting a RAT for a while. Now I gotta order one. Is that boosting lead 1?

70 at Sweetwater right now. No tax. Free ship. Can’t beat.