2018 Gibson Lineup Has Surfaced

• Thread starter Kutt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2018 gibson
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they upped the Tribute by $100. I bought the 2017 Tribute for $899, and the same guitar is not $999.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Flying-V.jpg

Goddammit Gibson, that pickguard is an abomination. Get a regular fucking 1967 pickguard. I remember finding some shitty Flying V knockoff online and it looked just like that.

Kutt

Reaction score
I'm irritated by this. Why would they take the classic and toss in p90's? Oh well, I guess plenty of people will like it.

It's odd that that named it the "Classic". But if you change the truss rod cover to a blank one it would be like they simply released a new P90 fiddle and discontinued the Classic. ha.

So now they've hacked up the original intent of both the Traditional (starting last year) and the Classic. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Guys, offer the Classic with P90s or with humbuckers. They have two versions to choose from.

I do like the Standard in Mojave Burst...nice!!!

Redders

Reaction score
The new natural finish Explorer looks killer, my next guitar i reckon as i've always wanted a natural finish one