Ridiculou$

• Thread starter JeffMcLeod
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Longer

Reaction score
It’s not that prices are going up, it’s that the value of money is going down, which is scarier.
And it’s only going to get worse.
The only plus side is that the value of your debt is going down too. Not that that will help you buy bread.
Anyway… have a great day!

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Sorry guys. Yeah sure, theres a price hike on everything atm.
For our American friends:
A lot of that extra you pay for a Marshall has to be going into the pockets of your government and middlemen.

The economy is taking a hit from years of covid help packages and now theres a war on our continent. There's only Poland between myself and the atrocities happening in Ukraine. My gas and electricity bills have gone completely through the roof. But Marshalls are still cheap in comparison to any other brand.
The JVM410H is by far the cheapest flagship amp available in Europe, that is also built in EU. JVM2 series are cheaper still, and if you go cheaper than that you're in lunchbox territory. There's the EVH 5150 iconic and a bunch of tiny amps made in SEA.

Crikey

Reaction score
- The DSL40CR is $1,050...over a thousand dollars now.

- The 20CR is $900...$900 for a 20-watt combo. The 5-watt combo is $800 (Would you spend $800 on a 5W amp?).

- The DSL20HR is $800 now.

- The DSL1HR is $550...$550 for a 1-watt amp head.

- A 1x12 cab is $1,100 (I'll get right on that).

Yeah, good luck with that, lol. :rolleyes:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Marsha...profileCountryCode=US&profileCurrencyCode=USD
Sad. I saw a 20 watt 800 for 1600$ at sam ash and a marshall 2x12 for 1400
Good luck with that crap

Crikey

Reaction score
Who would ever need or want to use or own an expensive useless beast like this these days ? What for ? Really . Not me , thats for sure . Been there , done it .... years ago for real cheap ! Not a cheap toy today . No sense putting out that kind of cash for that kind of by-gone short lived thrill these days . Dont need or want it .
Blasphemy!!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. Yeah sure, theres a price hike on everything atm.
For our American friends:
A lot of that extra you pay for a Marshall has to be going into the pockets of your government and middlemen.

The economy is taking a hit from years of covid help packages and now theres a war on our continent. There's only Poland between myself and the atrocities happening in Ukraine. My gas and electricity bills have gone completely through the roof. But Marshalls are still cheap in comparison to any other brand.
The JVM410H is by far the cheapest flagship amp available in Europe, that is also built in EU. JVM2 series are cheaper still, and if you go cheaper than that you're in lunchbox territory. There's the EVH 5150 iconic and a bunch of tiny amps made in SEA.
Well, it's both, prices going up, value of a dollar going down, a recipe for disaster! That's what happens when an incoherent, seemingly dementia ridden, old man floods our economy with newly printed money!

Where do you live, Germany, Czechia?

Last edited:

jimmyo

Reaction score
For buying Marshall’s in the US the used market is your friend. Fortunately through combination of timing and having a forgiving wife, and checking my local GC used section, Craigslist, music go round, reverb etc, and sometimes willing to drive a few hrs, have built a collection of 8 made in UK Marshall amps and 3 cabinets over the years. I’ve never bought new and these have all been used or B-stock etc usually for less than half price compared to new. I’m also fortunate to have a great local amp tech that can service Marshall’s and knows all the tricks for old JCM2000s etc, so takes the risk out of things a bit, with a bit of upfront research on my part for the item on sale.

New Marshall’s have always been priced fairly high in the US but this last year prices have gone up crazy high. A JCM800 or 100w Plexi SLP reissue now sells for about same price as a Soldano SLO or top of the line hand wired Friedman. Marshall’s have always been great work horse amps that are made to be played, and it’s sad they are now running at custom shop prices for UK made, and the Vietnamese stuff is getting close to where the UK stuff was priced just a few years back. (DSL100HR now priced pretty much where the studio series was when originally released just a couple of years ago).

I love the Marshall tone. Love my 100w heads and 4x12 cabs. Pretty much have all the tones I’ll ever need so will just be keeping what I have well maintained and routinely played. I’m able to use smaller amps with direct out, DI boxes, in ears, silent stage etc, but have gone back to using my heads and cabs as nothing else sounds or feels as good to me when playing live. Life’s too short to be playing a simulation of the real thing.

Toby Krewbs

Reaction score
I got to do a big outdoor Fairgrounds gig Friday on a huge stage with concert PA

I played my Origin 50 head and 2004 1936 cab

it was beyond glorious!

Even if it’s only 3/4 times a year I must keep that rig around it’s just too good and the horn players and keyboard could not bury me!

I let them and the the sound guy have it the full helping!

cccc

Reaction score
Well, it's both, prices going up, value of a dollar going down, a recipe for disaster! That's what happens when an incoherent, seemly dementia ridden, old man floods our economy with newly printed money!

None of whats going on is by accident , this has been planned from the onset . It's 100% about control over people .

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Well, it's both, prices going up, value of a dollar going down, a recipe for disaster! That's what happens when an incoherent, seemingly dementia ridden, old man floods our economy with newly printed money!

I live in Denmark. We share a border crossing with poland. There's currently a ferry, but there's been talk of building a bridge for years.

Yeah, well. I still think that guy is the lesser evil. I don't really wanna talk politics, much prefer amps and guitar :)

About amps.. take a look at this shopping cart I made. Most of these are unavailable, but the prices are legit.Screenshot_20220417-214345_Chrome.jpg
The JVM410H is $1300, Mesa Dual Rdc $2675 and the Friedman would be $4100.
So as you can see it goes both ways - the American stuff is equally stupid money over here.
I can imagine ENGLs and Diezels are also quite expensive over there.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
It's called runaway inflation. And this is what one gets when certain groups of people, with certain agendas, are running the show..It's been bad at times in the past, but this is the worst I've ever seen in my lifetime.

But the bubble will eventually burst, and prices will come back down (hopefully). With people having money thrown at them for doing nothing in particular there's been a lot of disposable income in people's pockets for awhile now, but that's over and reality is now starting to set in. And with folks paying nearly double the price now for staples like food and gas, the disposable income is going away fast. Accordingly, things like musical gear (toys) become the domain of the wealthy, as everyone else is struggling just to pay the rent or mortgage, keep food on the table, and enough gas in the tank to get to be able to drive to a job in order to pay the aforementioned.

I remember not too long ago, right before covid hit, things were going pretty damn good. Both for staples, along with the prices of toys..Of course at the time one wouldn't believe it from listening to the media or certain groups who were screaming bloody murder and that we were all doomed! But all it takes is for one to open their eyes and look where we were at then and where we at are now!

It doesn't take a genius or a rocket scientist to put two and two together. Time to wake up from the "woke" B.S..:spock:

I'm fortunate, as like some others here have stated, I already have a nice assortment of decent gear.. Is there more stuff I would like to have? Sure. But until things return to a state of normalcy I'm pretty much done with buying anything new, or even used.

And of course, it's also a cold hard fact that if people will stop paying the inflated prices, the prices will come down.

I'll just be content with what I already have and pay to keep it running. Hopefully I'll be able to at least do that.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called runaway inflation. And this is what one gets when certain groups of people, with certain agendas, are running the show..It's been bad at times in the past, but this is the worst I've ever seen in my lifetime.

But the bubble will eventually burst, and prices will come back down (hopefully). With people having money thrown at them for doing nothing in particular there's been a lot of disposable income in people's pockets for awhile now, but that's over and reality is now starting to set in. And with folks paying nearly double the price now for staples like food and gas, the disposable income is going away fast. Accordingly, things like musical gear (toys) become the domain of the wealthy, as everyone else is struggling just to pay the rent or mortgage, keep food on the table, and enough gas in the tank to get to be able to drive to a job in order to pay the aforementioned.

I remember not too long ago, right before covid hit, things were going pretty damn good. Both for staples, along with the prices of toys..Of course at the time one wouldn't believe it from listening to the media or certain groups who were screaming bloody murder and that we were all doomed! But all it takes is for one to open their eyes and look where we were at then and where we at are now!

It doesn't take a genius or a rocket scientist to put two and two together. Time to wake up from the "woke" B.S..:spock:

I'm fortunate, as like some others here have stated, I already have a nice assortment of decent gear.. Is there more stuff I would like to have? Sure. But until things return to a state of normalcy I'm pretty much done with buying anything new, or even used.

And of course, it's also a cold hard fact that if people will stop paying the inflated prices, the prices will come down.

I'll just be content with what I already have and pay to keep it running. Hopefully I'll be able to at least do that.
Well said my friend, I could not have said it better!

Guitar Rod

Reaction score
I was about to start a similar thread. I've been thinking about buying a Studio Vintage for awhile. After watching some of Johan's videos on it, that was it. Selling some gear and getting it. Look it up and... $1899.99 Canadian?!! $2100 after tax?!! Sheesh, it was only $1499 a few months ago. That's into full Plexi territory. Used ones are now $1600. I'll stick with the DSL 50.
Thought I'd check the price of a Studio Vintage hoping it might be on sale. Well, it's no longer $1899.99... IT'S $2149.99!! That is absolutely crazy.

chocol8

Reaction score
They are only $850 in England. That's what makes it super ridiculous.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
And I can't get $1200 for a clean 6101 that's been for sale for over a year . . . . . .

Latest posts