2203KK versus 2203X

• Thread starter Cobra
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the factor whenever there is or is not "another name" on a amp dosen't matter for me, it is the sound that is important. If one feels inhibited by the cosmetics of their amp, well yeah.. it should be obvious.. besides isn't Marshall a name (or a brand you might say)?

If you think "the beast" sounds like ass, I guess we're just of different opinion

I am sure it sounds fine with the right guitarist for its intended purpose, I just did the amp no justice. On the other hand a JCM 800 2210 works well for me and brings out my best.

Peace, David.

gtrman

Reaction score
I love how the amp sounds with the Beast on. It kicks like a mf ... I tried it with a fullstack. Insane !!
You obviously need to adjust the amount of gain to your preference when using the Beast.
I considered modding my 2203X to KT88's .. I already have the MRX-KK Eq figuring that I would come close.
I came across a brand new KK amp which I got a great deal on so I just went for it. Sold my 2203X.

I wont be using this amp live so I am pretty happy playing around on it.
This is by far the heaviest sounding Marshall I have ever come across.

For live usage this amp sucks as it has no loop, and no footswitch for the Beast ...

gtrman

Reaction score
A former band mate of mine, had made a custom switch for that purpose exactly, so i know that is a fixable problem.

... and how easy that would have been too have as a default feature on the amp :confused: