2210 FX Loop

• Thread starter davidf556
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davidf556

Reaction score
I have read a lot of posts in regards to the problem with these FX loops. I have one that works, with lots of hiss and low output level. If I don't use the loop the amp has zero hiss and is great otherwise.

Asides from drilling holes and installing a Metro FX loop, Has anyone made any changes to the existing circuit that improved the loop that you could share?

johan.b

Reaction score
The loop sits after the master volume. so if you play low volume level, the loop level is very low too, meaning bad s/n ratio. If you're going to mod it, i suggest moving the master volume to after the loop. If not, try turning the master up and use the volume setting on your fx unit as master.
J

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
The loop sits after the master volume. so if you play low volume level, the loop level is very low too, meaning bad s/n ratio. If you're going to mod it, i suggest moving the master volume to after the loop. If not, try turning the master up and use the volume setting on your fx unit as master.
J

^^This, posts about the loop come up from time to time, it's the same loop as on the Mosfets, I use a rack with my amp & you basically use the amp master as an FX level & as johan said the FX volume becomes your master volume.

davidf556

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I use a G Major rack unit with this and it works ok with this loop- I guess if I could get rid of the hiss I would be happy enough with it to leave it alone. I'll try the simple first, jacks and solder joints.

I found this so I can't expect too much out of it:

"The 2210's effects loop is a passive loop stuck after the channels come back together and just before the last tube stage (which sort of acts like a recovery stage for it) before the inverter. There is a 10k resistor to ground there to limit the output impedance of the loop to something professional effects will tolerate.

Its really more of just an 'insert point' in the circuit than a proper loop, which would have output buffering and a recovery stage.

Being a passive loop with no tube buffering etc, its problematic at best. It is a tone sucking proposition if you use it, and there is no way around that due to its design. "