2555 Silver Jubilee

• Thread starter Mineral Mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kam4ff

Reaction score
Supply/demand indeed.

Hard to justify a $1000+ difference based on "Silver jub Sl00shtoanz" & "Chit it gotz diodes"

(FWIW http://www.marshallforum.com/822445-post6.html )

They sound so much alike, yet I can't seem to get rid of my MkIII (have to give it away AND make the 100 km delivery personally)

:confused::wtf:

All I can say then is either your market blows or your a bad salesman. Plus supply and demand is also based on what people value an item at, not what the inherent value is. My amp can be a $100 of parts but it sounds awesome so to me it's worth millions. I payed 2100 a bit ago and I haven't looked back. As log as someone is willing to pay it, it'll be 'worth' that much.

Also my amp doesn't have slash toanz. It has my toanz. I may not have a top hat but I sound damn good everywhere and every time I play.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Damn $2300 :wow:

I hear ya man..but I really got to check one out...I knew nothing of these amps as little as one year ago man!:rolleyes:

I just cannot imagine that they sound that much better then a 2203/2100 MK3 or a DSL 100...

But my jury is out to pasture until I actually get a chance to plug into one and turn it up!

Until then I will not have any opinion either way.

Grunch

Reaction score
I hear ya man..but I really got to check one out...I knew nothing of these amps as little as one year ago man!:rolleyes:

I just cannot imagine that they sound that much better then a 2203/2100 MK3 or a DSL 100...

But my jury is out to pasture until I actually get a chance to plug into one and turn it up!

I've only messed with the Slash version. It was cool. Not spectacular, not terrible, but nice. As with every other amp in the world, it's all subjective.

B.Gloob

Reaction score
The deals are out there, its just a waiting game. For my Jubilee I traded a Mesa F100 combo + $200 cash. The Mesa cost me $800, round trip was $150 for gas; in total I'm in to it for $1150 CDN...a steal!
And what a damn fine piece of machinery...

Snakeface

Reaction score
When I think about it, I traded a Line 6 Spider 3 combo 75W amp for my Jubilee....well I traded the Line6 for a Marshall Mode Four, then the Mode Four for a Vintage Modern and finally the Vintage Modern for my Jubilee...no monetary compensation involved in all the transactions. Pretty sweet deal ehhh ???....since then I've owned a DSL, TSL, SL-X, JMD:1 and now I have the JVM and AFD but the Jubilee still remains my favorite and I think it is the best hard rock amp ever. The AFD gets close to the Jubilee with the right settings.

plexilespaul

Reaction score

rest assure the jubilee is not going to sound any better than an old 2203, different maybe... had both and i decided i stick with my old 800:) the jubilee is a darn good amp but 40 % of the price tag is rarity not tone

msgdman

Reaction score
I paid $1800 for mine, and it needed about $200 of work to get it in perfect working order. So yes, I agree, I paid $2000 for an amp that probably is not that much better than others I could get for half that. But it is what I wanted, they are getting harder to find in mint condition, so I pulled the trigger. I had a $2200 David Bray modded 1987X and hated it, kept it a week before losing my shirt on it for half price, so it is all in the ears of the owner, if you are wanting something, willing to pay for it, and are ultimately happy with it, then rock on.

My friend once said this: "Life is too short to settle for crappy tone"

Enjoy the amp!

Adwex

Reaction score
rest assure the jubilee is not going to sound any better than an old 2203, different maybe... had both and i decided i stick with my old 800:) the jubilee is a darn good amp but 40 % of the price tag is rarity not tone

I would argue that the jubilee will sound better than a 2203, but I wouldn't push the argument too hard because tone is so subjective.

That said, I would NOT argue the 40% thing, I think it is fairly accurate. Not just the rarity though, the silver and chrome are cool.....I wouldn't pay $2500 for a black 2555 no matter how mint it was.

jorual

Reaction score
I have 2 of them but the SL2555 that is the slash version.

I am very happy with them and is my main amp with my band.

I paid 1.200 € for the first one but it was a bit modified so I had to invest some money on recovering it and for teh second with the original Slash Cab with the sanke cover I paid 1.800 €.

biggs

Reaction score
Ive never had the opportunity to hear a Jube 1st hand. Are they the highest gain of the older Marshalls?

dptone5

Reaction score
I'm picking up a 2553 with matching 2-12 a cab along with original covers for both tomorrow. Near mint condition........................$1650.00 :)

Hey Dixie, let us know how you make out and what you think of your new amp!!

DP

Latest posts