2555x For Metal?

• Thread starter hellride
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hellride

Reaction score
Anyone play metal with a Silver Jub reissue? I love those amps and I really want it to work with drop A tuning (symphonic-ish, modern-ish, female fronted metal).
I know that it's great for 80's hardrock/metal but the more modern stuff? Can't find anything on YT.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
With a good OD I don't see why not although I play more old school metal with my SJ. Very good bass response, perhaps a bit compressed but with the OD to tighten it up.... very responsive EQ.

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
You can play any style of music through any amp...
Question is, will the created tone match what you like or think it should?
And it depend on if you are creating your tone or trying to match something else...

The Jube can do it, It can do it better with help (outboard gear)...for modern metal tons, I thing the lows are still a little too clean (but that's how most all Marshalls are voiced) for total saturation.

EDA: I don't go that low in tuning, but it may sound great, being that it doesn't have the distortion of my JVM, it probably won't mud out in such a low tuning.

Adrian R

Reaction score
You can play any style of music through any amp...
Question is, will the created tone match what you like or think it should?
And it depend on if you are creating your tone or trying to match something else...

The Jube can do it, It can do it better with help (outboard gear)...for modern metal tons, I thing the lows are still a little too clean (but that's how most all Marshalls are voiced) for total saturation.

EDA: I don't go that low in tuning, but it may sound great, being that it doesn't have the distortion of my JVM, it probably won't mud out in such a low tuning.

This is 100% accurate. Totally agree. There is no special amp for metal, just about any amp (within reason) can be used with the correct approach. Personally, shit, I think it would TOTALLY excel for metal..but this is just what I want to hear. Many, what people would consider *modern* metal amp tones I think are muddy, over saturated, and one dimensional. This Jube...just like any good Marshall..most definitely voiced like the 800s, imo, are some of the BEST rock guitar tones I have ever heard...

Lastly, and I know this is a worn out debate, but a great deal of your tone comes from your hands and the way you play...ALLOT of it.

hellride

Reaction score
Thanks guys, a Jub is it then.
Yoohoo, Santa Claus I want one of those with a matching straight cab. :shred2: