3 months £2770 interest

• Thread starter pulsonicsound
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pulsonicsound

Reaction score
I'm always on the look out for cabs, its funny seeing how some stuff moves through the internet, I'm not sure you'd get a better return on £30 with anything else!

I would have expected the grill to be cleaned somewhere along the way but thats just me!

Disclaimer - the cabs not mine and the listings aren't mine!

1969 1.jpeg

1969 2.jpeg

1969 3.jpeg

playloud

Reaction score
As someone who lives outside the UK and loves a bargain, this is basically why I've stopped looking for cabs.

You know that for every Reverb listing like this, there's someone out there with a much nicer one that just wants to get rid of it. 4x12s take up a lot of space and are impractical to most.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
Appearances can be deceiving. Apparently it never sold for £30. The £1800 listing is basically the same seller. They just woke up to how much it was worth.

According to Alfie on facebook they were considering offers around the £1500 mark. So I'm guessing Holloway probably bought it for about £1400 and wants to double his money. Don't forget he'll have to pay about £300 in fees etc, maybe more. So not the massive profit it seems.

I'm guessing there was probably a lot of interest in it at £30, and that set off the alarm bells with the seller it was too cheap. Ether that, or I know there's at least one dealer in UK that likes to ruin everyone elses chances of getting a bargain by telling the seller exactly what they've got and how much it is worth. Possibly what happened.

The next stage is someone in US buys it and lists it on reverb for £7k.

Good luck to all involved is all I can say. Vintage gear market is a joke to me thesedays. Sellers listing untested junk and fakes as 'the holy grail', and clueless rich idiots happy to buy it.

Latest posts