• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

4th gain stage in 2204

• Thread starter m1989jmp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aro

Reaction score
This is me fooling around years ago with some GnR riffs (which I didn't really know, as you'll hear). Extra gain stage on a 2204 clone, plus some component changes for more gain. I used an SM57. I'm convinced that someone who really knows those riffs could have made it sound much better.

[SC] https://soundcloud.com/noname-159/36a[/SC]

defjef

Reaction score
I have added a 4th stage to my Ceriatone 2204 clone. I added the extra tube between v2 and v3. I am only using one triode of the new stage. I didn't add a filter cap, I just jumped the heaters from V3 and got the B+ from the V1 intersection.

The amp sounds awesome, and is not noisy. It is not dead quiet, but it is much quieter than a MARSHALL JVM.
any layout schematic of your mod dozer

defjef

Reaction score
any layout schematic of your mod dozer

I have a 50w clone built with jose master, 6 way clipper selectir switch , sounds really good but wanted to hear it with a 4 th stage and a jose master , with high / low gain inputs , with a tube buffered loop . Seen the full blown version schematic but wanted it without the ppimv ,pull pots and switches , just a gain pot on the extra stage c/w off on Switch or pull pot Lmk if you can help me with a design . Btw I could not open your sound clip of your mod demo . regards Jeff