50th Anniversary, Bluesbreaker, Limited Edition

• Thread starter Woody81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bobbimontague

Reaction score
Anybody crowing over this shit needs a serious reality check. This kind of product just exemplifies how fucking greedy and profit-driven gibson and others have become. Anybody who would buy this embarrasment either has no brains or probably can't play the fucking guitar. Even if I had twenty Gs to splash around I wouldn't pander to these bloated corporate fuckwits. I'd buy about 8-10 guitars for the money that would actually be worth the outlay. These companies are the same only in name. And don't tell me companies are there to make money and have to survive...they already make a good living off their far-eastern products. It's simply greed! Twenty fuckin grand? The Gibson name means nothing anymore!

Marival

Reaction score
Anybody crowing over this shit needs a serious reality check. This kind of product just exemplifies how fucking greedy and profit-driven gibson and others have become. Anybody who would buy this embarrasment either has no brains or probably can't play the fucking guitar. Even if I had twenty Gs to splash around I wouldn't pander to these bloated corporate fuckwits. I'd buy about 8-10 guitars for the money that would actually be worth the outlay. These companies are the same only in name. And don't tell me companies are there to make money and have to survive...they already make a good living off their far-eastern products. It's simply greed! Twenty fuckin grand? The Gibson name means nothing anymore!

See, regarding Gibson I can agree with you. But the majority of all Marshalls have always been very decently priced. You've probably got some odd ones out that are a limited/special offer. Well.. Every company has those once in a while. Because they can.

Gblev

Reaction score
I don't get all the hate. Just because your not in the plan. don't hate on that Marshall fan. Isn't it obvious that Marshall is trying to put out something for everyone? So what's wrong them doing a little niche deal for the collector's. I wonder what the collector's are thinking about the JVM's, new DSL's, 900's and such - "Marshall never puts out anything special for those of us who like to spend a little of money on something that might hold a significant value later on down the road!" Be happy for those who have been waiting for their oppurtunity.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what kind of new or nostalgic amp Marshall puts out, there always going to be a few who feel like they were neglected. I think they are doing a fantastic job at reaching masses, far better than what any other amp maker is doing for their customer base. I think Marshall and Gibson teaming up is a beautiful thing, because we all know what a magic pair their products are when connected together. And if I owned either company, I would milk it for all it's worth, and there's not a one of you who wouldn't do the same thing if you were in the their positions. My hats off to Marshall and Gibson, keep 'em coming.

P.S.- For the collectors sake, I sure am glad Marshall didn't come out with a Tom Murphy aged Bluesbreaker! Seriously Gibson, twenty to forty years down the road, the amp will look like it should, but that Les Paul will look a lot older than that amp. I personally wouldn't want my new, imited edition, and expensive gear beat to shit by an employee for some fake character and realism. If anyone is going to do that to my gear, it will be me.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hear a comparison of this amp w/a regular production model 1962 reissue (though w/kt66's).

Neylus

Reaction score
No offense guys, but I personally was expecting a totally new amp for the 50th anniversary thing...

SmokestackElRopo

Reaction score
I do not have first hand knowledge, but KT66z will not fit in a regular 1962. If I am incorrect, somebody set me straight. I used to want one but the JTM 45 became available at the right time and for the right price so I got it instead. KT66z fit in it very well. I can only trust that the NP KT66 are somewhere in the ballpark as the originals.