///

• Thread starter Codyjohns
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

keennay

Reaction score
37892309.jpg

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score

I just didn't have the guts to ask myself... knowing Michael's still after valves and stuff ;)

Gr,

Gerrit.

It's a money issue right now.
I should have the money very soon to fix the amp.
I will make some wicked YT clips of this monter.
I'm just not going to cheap out on this amp. The best parts are going into it.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:) R/T, Congrats. From a technical standpoint you ARE aware that the trans on this amp is Ultra Linear aren't You? It's designed to be played LOUD and CLEAN. Too much OD can kill your output Trans REAL FAST. I just thought I should give you This bit of info. Actually "the major", (I don't know where he is at this time), can give you more detailed Info on this amp, as Can Majorwatt, or Joey Voltage.

Again congrats my friend, Do us proud.

:D:D TWIN

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
:) R/T, Congrats. From a technical standpoint you ARE aware that the trans on this amp is Ultra Linear aren't You? It's designed to be played LOUD and CLEAN. Too much OD can kill your output Trans REAL FAST. I just thought I should give you This bit of info. Actually "the major", (I don't know where he is at this time), can give you more detailed Info on this amp, as Can Majorwatt, or Joey Voltage.

Again congrats my friend, Do us proud.

:D:D TWIN

Thanks Keith, I'm learning more about the amp each day.
They are money pits, that for sure.

The amp head is in good hands now and won't be gigged with or used at band rehearsal, just going to make the odd home recording with it and that's about it. I'm going to take very good care of it.:cheers:

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this cool review of the Major by solodallas and the picture he used is a picture of the very amp sitting in my house right now. I'm like "holy shit that a picture of my amp head".
Here's the link.
scroll down and you'll see it.

www.[B]solodallas[/B].com/the-vintage-marshall-guide/
https://www.google.ca/#

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this cool review of the Major by solodallas and the picture he used is a picture of the very amp sitting in my house right now. I'm like "holy shit that a picture of my amp head".
Here's the link.
scroll down and you'll see it.

www.[B]solodallas[/B].com/the-vintage-marshall-guide/
https://www.google.ca/#

Ha ha I was going to post that up the other day, and maybe the writer of that article would be a good contact. He might be a tech.

Thats interesting, a driver in front of the amp can damage the amp.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha I was going to post that up the other day, and maybe the writer of that article would be a good contact. He might be a tech.

Thats interesting, a driver in front of the amp can damage the amp.

You can not boost the front of thses amps :(, because the 650v B+ is pushing the limits of the amp already. You really have to be a tech or know a tech to own one of these amps and keep it runnin'.:eek:

Billyblades

Reaction score
Holy SPLs Batman.. lol

Looks nice. Very good condition.

Now wondering "how many licks will it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll Major modification "

Haha.

I love the old amps. I modded a few and felt like i committed Holy Blasphemy. Especially with the Schenker amp.
I actually felt bad when doing them.
Thats why i went to start building new ones.

Better get your Aerosmith n AcDc riffs freshened up :)

I would love to have that!
Kt88s should be really nice too. They sound thick n ballzy. I have a fifty watt Soldano inspired kt88 handbuilt that is one "take charge " sounding amp!

Enjoy man. Clock.is tikkin seeing how long u can.make itvwithout modding it lol.

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy SPLs Batman.. lol

Looks nice. Very good condition.

Now wondering "how many licks will it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll Major modification "

Haha.

I love the old amps. I modded a few and felt like i committed Holy Blasphemy. Especially with the Schenker amp.
I actually felt bad when doing them.
Thats why i went to start building new ones.

Better get your Aerosmith n AcDc riffs freshened up :)

I would love to have that!
Kt88s should be really nice too. They sound thick n ballzy. I have a fifty watt Soldano inspired kt88 handbuilt that is one "take charge " sounding amp!

Enjoy man. Clock.is tikkin seeing how long u can.make itvwithout modding it lol.

No money right now, I have been struggling to survive for quite some time now.
It's a miracle I was able to trade my '78 JMP 50w for this amp.
amp head for amp head.
I'm going to just sit on this amp head for now.
The PPIMV is there if I need it for more gain and that's about it.
I want to keep it stock as possible.
They sounded great right out of the box anyways.

Thanx for checking out my amp BB.:cheers:

Billyblades

Reaction score
i hear ya brother. i just know you been wieldin the ol solderin iron a bit lately and its just so tempting lol.

its nice to have a nice stocker tho. i have a 2203x that i been wondering should , or shouldnt i ;)

cant wait to hear the beast!

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
i hear ya brother. i just know you been wieldin the ol solderin iron a bit lately and its just so tempting lol.

its nice to have a nice stocker tho. i have a 2203x that i been wondering should , or shouldnt i ;)

cant wait to hear the beast!

Because the amp is a '68 plexi & so rare it's not worth messing around with.
I can't wait to record this amp, but for now I just have to wait and save up.
I'm thankful I have my '78 Super Lead (1959) and it's sounding great lately.:D

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
You can not boost the front of thses amps :(, because the 650v B+ is pushing the limits of the amp already. You really have to be a tech or know a tech to own one of these amps and keep it runnin'.:eek:

At least you have it-this rare beast. The right tech maintenance and knowledge to operate it will follow.

In one of the R.Blackmore interviews he says that his was modded to 400 watts. And he only used one stack on stage at a time. The other was a backup. :wow:

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
400w would be killer !!:eek:

Here's a cool clip of the Major in action.:cool:

Last edited: