• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

6100LM Presence

• Thread starter rtcook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rtcook

Reaction score
I have a 6100LM head I have been using lately and have noticed that the Presence knob works, but is not as pronounced as it is other amps. Is this normal for the 6100LM? I realize how the damper switch works so that is not it. I've tried it in Auto and Low. Seems to work as it should. Just the Presence effect seems weak to me. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Roger

Kuga

Reaction score
When the damper switch it's in position on you don't have presence pot on clean channel. Presence effect interact with master vol If you increase master vol you will get more presence. My LM6100 seems works like your amp.

I have a 6100LM head I have been using lately and have noticed that the Presence knob works, but is not as pronounced as it is other amps. Is this normal for the 6100LM? I realize how the damper switch works so that is not it. I've tried it in Auto and Low. Seems to work as it should. Just the Presence effect seems weak to me. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Roger

rtcook

Reaction score
I'm not on the Clean channel. I am on th3 Crunch channel. Tried damper in Auto and On positions. Master volume is at 6. I would think high enough. But Presence effect still seems weak to me.

Kuga

Reaction score
I'm not on the Clean channel. I am on th3 Crunch channel. Tried damper in Auto and On positions. Master volume is at 6. I would think high enough. But Presence effect still seems weak to me.
What guitar do you use with It? Mine with HB pickups and presence pot at 5 it's so bright.

rtcook

Reaction score
Kramer 1000. Single humbucker. Not a whole lot of difference from 0 to 10 but I can hear something. Definitely not like the presence on my Super Bass.

Kuga

Reaction score
Kramer 1000. Single humbucker. Not a whole lot of difference from 0 to 10 but I can hear something. Definitely not like the presence on my Super Bass.
I think your amp have a problem. It's not normal working condition on a LM6100 as you descrive. I don't know what cause this issue.

I have a '98 TSL100 when I bought brand new It had 220K grid resistors on power valves then a band mate had a '99 TSL100 with a 5K6 grid resistors. The '99 TSL100 had a way more presence effect than my '98 TSL100. Maybe your amp have power valves grid resistors out of range or maybe they are wrong.

rtcook

Reaction score
I'll wait for one of the others in this forum that are very familiar with the 6100 to chime in. Thanks.

Latest posts