• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

76 JMP 2203 - Worth the hype and hassle?

• Thread starter Marshall100w
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
Eh. My dad always said that about cars. "If it was a good car, why did he trade it in." Some people just want something different.

Money.

Some folk just run outta money.

neikeel

Reaction score
As had been said above the amp in the pics looks very clean and tidy, very original except for the changed PI output couplers (wonder why, are they still 0.022uF?)

If you are proposing to gig is and play it hard I agree that a change of bias caps (priority), change of filter caps and a retube are all considerations. Personally I would check the filter caps for signs of failure and check their ESR and capacitance before binning them (I have been stung more than once by 'infant death' of new, supposed good quality, filter caps as part of preventative maintenance having ripped out perfectly good Daly's so my judgement is slightly jaundiced, but the others are probably correct).
Same thing for tubes, if it is up and running, sounds good with the ones in it you can see how they go
Sorry - no idea on Australian prices.