• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

'79 Jmp 2204 question

• Thread starter Kylelagz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kylelagz

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, i recently bought a 79 jmp 2204 mk 2 and i opened up the back and saw 3 pre amp tubes. I thought they only came with two? does this explain why its a very full gain?

V-man

Reaction score
NOT A DUMB QUESTION AT ALL. Sadly that amp has been modded and is not worth 1/10th of market value so chopped and molested. I do have a soft spot for those amps, so I'd be willing to offer you half what you paid. :D

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
are you thinking of power tubes perhaps?
2204= 3 pre 2 power-50wt
2203= 3 pre 4 power- 100wt

plexilespaul

Reaction score
NOT A DUMB QUESTION AT ALL. Sadly that amp has been modded and is not worth 1/10th of market value so chopped and molested. I do have a soft spot for those amps, so I'd be willing to offer you half what you paid. :D

i will put a 100 dollar bill on whatever this guy's paying...just to help you get rid of that amp:)

Kylelagz

Reaction score
sorry i didnt reply, i thought it got deleted! If it is modded im actually really happy because it sounds phenomenal! really crisp overdrive. It right on the cusp of high gain so it still sounds really natural (to me atleast) perfect for teh punk rock. IMO and i paid $900 flat on ebay for it so i cant complain haha. Sorry boys, not selling this. its perfect for me in every way!

Billie68

Reaction score
I'll give you what these Cat's are giving you, plus sweeten the deal by throwing in either a Crate or Line 6 amp, your choice.

V-man

Reaction score
I'll give you what these Cat's are giving you, plus sweeten the deal by throwing in either a Crate or Line 6 amp, your choice.

LOL you're looks like you're last in line in the running... unless someone "sweetens the deal" with a Bugera!

Seriously, OP... You have one of the greatest of Jim's Abominations. Enjoy the hell out of it (then sell it to me when you're tired of it!)

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll throw in a Fender Frontman 15g. nice quiet amp for the bedroom and maybe even throw in a starcaster chorus-used once for a review,not live use and a rack of my semi-famous shortribs..

ya know ya want the ribs....:naughty:
wvvisitfall2012morepics728.jpg

Latest posts