A set up changed everything.

• Thread starter 6StringMoFo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

6StringMoFo

Reaction score
This is my 2007 68 RI.

full

I had it on the trade block as we were not connecting.

I took it for a "gonna sell it" set up.

Well I got it home and plugged it in for a check up burn and it's a completely different guitar. Feeling has lasted since I got it back too.

What a tight chugging monster.

It's no longer listed :)

Thanks Drew at Space Man Music (Ottawa)

PS: They also fixed my little bastard DSL401 and it's now a proven rock solid gig and jam box.

Last edited:

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Set ups make a huge difference. I have my guitars all set up a particular way for how I have developed to like them over the years. If there not, there not enjoyable to play and sounding there best otherwise. I also give my truss a twist depending on temperature and humidity changes that effected them and the neck moved that they need it so the neck is in the right place and tension right. Never give up on a guitar though till it's set up and adjusted to where you like it. I'm happy you got this one set up better.

6StringMoFo

Reaction score
Set ups make a huge difference. I have my guitars all set up a particular way for how I have developed to like them over the years. If there not, there not enjoyable to play and sounding there best otherwise. I also give my truss a twist depending on temperature and humidity changes that effected them and the neck moved that they need it so the neck is in the right place and tension right. Never give up on a guitar though till it's set up and adjusted to where you like it. I'm happy you got this one set up better.

All good points.

I was so impressed with how Drew set up my LP Axxess, which was my prime fiddle for gigging for many years, that I took all my guitars to him.

I'll do electronics all day.

The wood scares me. It's not in my toolbox, and I can't re-solder a truss rod lol.

Dude. It plays itself.

Last edited: