About time for a new family photo...

• Thread starter V-man
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score
This will probably jinx me into buying "that one I really shouldn't", but here's a "roundhorn roundup"... all "flying Vs", no points.

8195883074_a5ad3ff110_k.jpg

Top: '04 Epiphone '58 Gothic, '89 Gibson V90 Double (Floyd), '02 Gibson Worn (Ebony board w moons), '07 Gibson '67 RI (Alpine Custom)

Bottom: '01 Gibson V98 Gothic, '89 Gibson V90 Double (Stringthrough), '12 Gibson V-Bass, '06 Gibson '67 RI (Worn Custom)

So, should I keep the top 4 on the office hangers, or should I change them up (to what)?

Last edited:

V-man

Reaction score
Nice picture but I do not get the JAX guitar.
Might as well have Dixie and maybe Falstaff too for a trio. :)

I had stupid project ambitions. The initial idea was to refin the '02 "Moons" and customize the guy from the ground up. I bought one of those chop shop neck/body deals with the 06 worn, so I figured I'd transplant "Moons'" PG block to the '06, sell it and recoup some losses. Well, nothing doing. Nobody locally wanted to cough up the mid-low $600s, so rather than take a beating and price to sell, I said fuck it, I'll keep it. Right about that time I kicked my ass for wanting to molest a 1-year production run, and restored "Moons" back to spec.

So now I had this unsellable stripped worn and the last thing I wanted was 2, so I came up with a Decoupage project. It has taken years to piece shit together. Finally got gold pups (a 57 classic and BB2). I still need a PG, tuners and wiring harness, but this fucker still has a surprise or two in store.

thrawn86

Reaction score
Not to be a purist snob or anything, but if the Gibson plays as good or better than the Epi, you should sub it out. Gotta keep things geometric.

V-man

Reaction score
The gibson plays better than the epi for sure...

As for geometry, the current lineup (top) is '58, '58, '67, '67

If I drop the Epi, I either have '67, '58, '67, '67 Which interrupts geometry, or

I would need to go '01 Gibson Gothic, '02 Gibson Worn (Moons), '89 Gibson V90 Floyd, and '89 Gibson V90 Stringthrough (instead of alpine '67) to preserve the same color/shape balance.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone should sneak in one night, put one of the V's hanging on the rack in a closet and replace it with a strat. The mindfuck if caught on camera would be priceless.

V-man

Reaction score
Someone should sneak in one night, put one of the V's hanging on the rack in a closet and replace it with a strat. The mindfuck if caught on camera would be priceless.

Ever see a gorilla locked in a phone both with bee-filled balloons?

Try that with a Tele and you'll get my best impression of one.