• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Aging Amplifiers Mayhem

• Thread starter Maçon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas666

Reaction score
LPStudioAgedBody.jpg
LPStudioAgedWhole.jpg
The sticker looks like a swatsticka:wow:

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this trend will reduce theft...

V-man

Reaction score
Your property, your right to make it how you like it. The Marshall kind of looks like a surrealistic piece. It does not however look "road worn", and would be in extremely bad taste if it weren't a mass-produced beginner's amp. The LP on the other hand looks awful. As others said, there is no substitute for a natural patina, and even the roadworn "attempts" are well-studied and designed to mimic common spots of play wear. Yours is just randomly beaten.

It might actually be cool if there was a real story behind it, like a brawl during a show where you fended off 4 hecklers or went apeshit on a guy who knocked your halfstack over. As it is, there is nothing appealing about the job from my point of view. It also looks like a swastika was carved under the tailpiece and either sprayed over or photoshopped for the benefit of posting online.

pavs

Reaction score
I bet you wouldn't do that to a JCM800 or a Gibson Les Paul.... Right???

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
Sorry, in the real world worn/aged looks more subtle than this.
Just maybe a tiny scratch here and there on the corners.
This just looks like it was near a detonating nailbomb.

Gr,

Gerrit.

*Ok, now admit you're just trying to fool us all :)

MKB

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that Zakk Wylde can take sandpaper to the front of his LP Custom to sand the rebel flag off, then nail beer bottle caps (Nail!!!) to the front of it, and everyone thinks it is OK. Or other guys can cover their guitars with tons of stickers, or it is OK for a touring band to spray the band's logo all over their custom color Marshall stacks. SRV put truck stop stickers on his old Strat, EVH used turnbolts as straplocks and would screw reflectors on the back of his famous hunk of junk, and folks now stand in line to pay more than $20K to buy an accurate reissue of the ugly thing.

To the OP: If that relicing gives you a guitar and amp that inspires you to play hard in front of a crowd, the end is worth the means. I salute you. Great job.

Oh BTW, you did relic that speaker a bit hard. Might have issues with that. You probably won't need to worry about cone cry from no surround doping however. :)

Maçon

Reaction score
I still have some sanding to do for the wearing, what I have is just the 'damage' to the body but the 'aging' isn't there yet... so that's what it looks like right about now.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that Zakk Wylde can take sandpaper to the front of his LP Custom to sand the rebel flag off, then nail beer bottle caps (Nail!!!) to the front of it, and everyone thinks it is OK.

Not everybody, just the relicers and the ZW fanboys. :p

Ken

Reaction score
If you're more worried about your equipment's look than your music's sound, it's really pointless what your music sounds like as you're doing performance art. If you play guitar, then play guitar.

Ken

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Not everybody, just the relicers and the ZW fanboys. :p
yeah no question about it. I thought that was a blatant screw you to the guitar and the amount of money invested in said guitars but in the same token if i was rediculously rich and drunk all the time i'd probably do it too. That said, i'm not and i'm not so i don't.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
I still have some sanding to do for the wearing, what I have is just the 'damage' to the body but the 'aging' isn't there yet... so that's what it looks like right about now.
Im not convinced your fair dinkum. This has got to be a joke, really come clean. You destroy some cheap gear and expected some sort of uproar, like what Pavs said go and get some real gear then Ill take you serious. Until then I call Troll!!

Poor excuse for art, Seems like you reliced your house as well btw(ouch!!):wow: