Amazon Prime Shipping now 4 days?

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this true or am I seeing things? I signed up for Prime years ago for the 2-day shipping and $0.00 shipping charges. Saves a lot of money for anyone who buys a lot from them throughout the year.

Before I continue, to be clear about the definition of "shipping", I mean actual "delivery time" from the day I place an order to the day it arrives.

It was pretty impressive last Christmas holiday season, to see Amazon suddenly delivering packages to my doorstep in 24-48 hours, and instead of arriving at 6pm at night, they were arriving at like 7:30am! So right there I know they can do it, at least in my location.

However, lately I'm seeing upwards of 4-day, 10-day and even 15-day "shipping" times (which obviously means "delivery times"), and some items actually several weeks out. I've been wanting to order a number of things for the last couple of months, and when I see 10-14 day delivery times, I'm like, "uhm... No". There are still many items that say delivery in 2 days, but it sure seems like a lot of things are going well beyond that now.

What then, if you know, is up with this? I used to pay $99/ yr. for Prime, then a couple of years ago it went up to $120, and now it recently went up again to $140, and the delivery times are becoming useless. I'm not gonna pay for products and wait 10-14 days for them to reach my door. At some point it just becomes impractical.

Example:
Today is 9/10. 10 days to ship a few pack of strings already?

1662853102474.png

Last edited:

WillyW

Reaction score
Fuck Amazon, I quit them long ago when it took 10 days to start the shipment, but after that in only took two days… so they were partially telling the truth.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
There's an Amazon warehouse about 8 miles from where I live here in PA.

Two years ago I ordered some socks and the package originated from that warehouse. They then sent it to a warehouse in NJ, then another warehouse in NJ, then a distribution center near Philly, then finally up to my home.

They routed that package for 3 days and about 100 miles just to ultimately send it 8 miles down the road.

Click & Order?
Psh, give me Brick & Mortar.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Just buy them strings from either AMS, Musicians Friend or Sweetwater. They all have 3 packs of those in stock for the same price and with free shipping. And you'll more than likely get them faster too. No reason to get things like this from Amazon or pay for Prime for "free" delivery.

AMS is great imo. Buying from them will ensure that you get the real deal too. None of that counterfeit amazon crap.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Remember when businesses gave a chit?

Now it's,
I'll gladly overcharge you up front for lesser quantity,lesser quality,and piss poor shipping.

I try to shop only brick and mortar where I can.
Before scamazon $60 prime, things could be ordered before 6pm ,and be there within 48 hrs, or less.

Haven't used scamazon or fleabay in nearly 3 years.

States its in stock.
Takes your $ immediately.
Confirmation email as a pacifier
Then they leave you in the dark for 3 days, while the slowboat from China hits our mainland, then you see a shipping update.
Phuck that.
I like the old fashion way.
See,touch,feel quality with my own prick peelers before I buy anything .
Online used to be the chit. Now the counterfeit products are pure chit.

AtomicRob

Reaction score
Is this true or am I seeing things? I signed up for Prime years ago for the 2-day shipping and $0.00 shipping charges. Saves a lot of money for anyone who buys a lot from them throughout the year.

Before I continue, to be clear about the definition of "shipping", I mean actual "delivery time" from the day I place an order to the day it arrives.

It was pretty impressive last Christmas holiday season, to see Amazon suddenly delivering packages to my doorstep in 24-48 hours, and instead of arriving at 6pm at night, they were arriving at like 7:30am! So right there I know they can do it, at least in my location.

However, lately I'm seeing upwards of 4-day, 10-day and even 15-day "shipping" times (which obviously means "delivery times"), and some items actually several weeks out. I've been wanting to order a number of things for the last couple of months, and when I see 10-14 day delivery times, I'm like, "uhm... No". There are still many items that say delivery in 2 days, but it sure seems like a lot of things are going well beyond that now.

What then, if you know, is up with this? I used to pay $99/ yr. for Prime, then a couple of years ago it went up to $120, and now it recently went up again to $140, and the delivery times are becoming useless. I'm not gonna pay for products and wait 10-14 days for them to reach my door. At some point it just becomes impractical.

Example:
Today is 9/10. 10 days to ship a few pack of strings already?

View attachment 114817
Prime only helps you if the item is marked as Prime shipping... Those aren't, it's a non-Amazon seller and shipper. Most other flavors of Ernie Ball strings seem to be Prime, maybe the Amazon warehouse is just out of those right now so it's only available from some slow-shipping yokels out in Podunk where the UPS stagecoach only comes by fortnightly.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Prime only helps you if the item is marked as Prime shipping... Those aren't, it's a non-Amazon seller and shipper. Most other flavors of Ernie Ball strings seem to be Prime, maybe the Amazon warehouse is just out of those right now so it's only available from some slow-shipping yokels out in Podunk where the UPS stagecoach only comes by fortnightly.
It could be that I'm not always looking at whether or not items are listed as Prime, but it sure seems to be happening a lot lately. Even some items listed as 'Prime' may have multiple item-options such as color, style, size, etc., but not all of the options are actually 2-day shipping: some are and some aren't.

AtomicRob

Reaction score
It could be that I'm not always looking at whether or not items are listed as Prime, but it sure seems to be happening a lot lately. Even some items listed as 'Prime' may have multiple item-options such as color, style, size, etc., but not all of the options are actually 2-day shipping: some are and some aren't.
One thing I've noticed is the mobile phone app is a lot better than the web site in this regard because it shows you the price and Prime status of all options at the same time rather than waiting until you click each one separately to check.