Amp Cover Question

• Thread starter msgdman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

msgdman

Reaction score
I am looking for a cover that will go over my Silver Jubilee with 4x12, I only see one for the head, and one for the cab, but I want something I can put over the whole thing, and pull off in one piece, is there such a cover?

Any help is appreciated.

ken361

Reaction score
I had my girl friend make mine:) she has a bunch of material and only cost a few bucks. Good luck with your search though.

Gianni

Reaction score
I looked for something like that myself a while ago, but couldn’t find anything. How about you buy the cab cover and have a piece of similar, although not necessarily, fabric added to lengthen it accordingly? Choosing a different colour for the extension might even make it more attractive, while certainly more interesting to look at. :thumb:

Gianni

Reaction score
I had my girl friend make mine:) she has a bunch of material and only cost a few bucks. Good luck with your search though.

It was my Mum in my case :D, and it’s a really nice thick vinyl cover that doesn’t crease. :yesway:

msgdman

Reaction score
It just seems like such a no brainer, I want to cover my cab so the cat doesn't claw or piss on it, but I do not want to have to lift off the head to remove the cab cover, why wouldn't there be a one piece that just drops down over the whole thing.

Blueslicks

Reaction score
It just seems like such a no brainer, I want to cover my cab so the cat doesn't claw or piss on it, but I do not want to have to lift off the head to remove the cab cover, why wouldn't there be a one piece that just drops down over the whole thing.

Not common because it's an accident waiting to happen. Covering up two components stacked leaves room for someone moving the thing without realizing two heavy objects are stacked on top of each other.

There is also the fact that the differing in measurements between the two components makes for a difficult all in one slipover design ie: corners, hems...

Most people don't realize even a top handle is usually offset to balance the weight of transformers when carrying an amp. That is why most handle cutouts in a properly measured cover only align perfectly from one side.

I believe any custom cover company will make you what you want though.

I have these guys do all of mine...

Custom Amp Covers makes the covers no one else does!

MemphisMarshallMan

Reaction score
Larry over at LeCover (dot com) will make anything you want but you will have to give him exact dimensions. I would add maybe an inch extra to the dimensions so that it will slide on and off easily. I guess you could also use speaker cables with 90 degree plugs so you wouldnt have to climb behind it to plug it in each time you pull the cover off.
I wonder if a thick blanket and a bungee cord would work better than a dedicated cover at keeping the cat away?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I decided a long time ago... Get my cats fixed - they don't pee anywhere except in the catbox.

Problem solved...

I have 2 females. One's an alpha though & when she came of age, she started spraying & I put an end to that (fixed). She hasn't done it since. I got them both fixed though at the same time...

As far as clawing... I drape a towel over the top, enough to make them not want to do it...

Latest posts