Amp on 10 guitar on 1

• Thread starter richieG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

richieG

Reaction score
I was fooling around yesterday with my JMP 2204 flat out. Pre on 10, master 10 with my Les Paul.....basically just making noise and fooling around.

For the first time ever, I tried the guitar where the volume just kicks in....about 1 on the guitar,

It's a really cool thing. Not clean, but crunchy and very dynamic. Still pretty loud. Very different than the guitar up high and the amp set crunchy.

Worth trying IMO.

keennay

Reaction score
What power tubes do you have?

Mine with 6550's sound terrible on a Master Volume setting anywhere past 6. That might be a factor. . .

richieG

Reaction score
What power tubes do you have?

Mine with 6550's sound terrible on a Master Volume setting anywhere past 6. That might be a factor. . .

In this case it is EL34s.

But I have an amp with 6550s as well, and that sounds great..... Maybe you have bad tubes or the bias is out of whack.

richieG

Reaction score
I would imagine that will attenuate a lot of frequency.
How do the two methods compare?

It sounds pretty similar, I just found it really dynamic in a hard to describe way.

Sort of like trying to describe to someone who has never used a compressor how it sounds.....if you know what I mean. The amp does not sound like it has a compressor, I just used that as an example in how it is hard to explain.

DSL 50

Reaction score
Accidently bumping the volume knob on yur guitar could result in a small earthquake :rofl:

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
i usually approach blues gigs this way,... amp pretty much dimed and fully controll everything with the guitar vol.... It can become a style all of its own.