Angus Young settings

• Thread starter dslman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ugly Duckling

Reaction score
Jack,

Try running your treble really low - say one or two. Then bump the bass and mids up above half and then bring the presence up to brighten in. You may not like it but mine sounds absolutely massive that way and still has a lot of cut.

That's my preferred way too. Presence high and treble low. On all amp makes.
But I will try the Angus way at next rehearsal.
It is always fun to try different things.

usablefiber

Reaction score
If you have a plexi or a jcm. I agree that putting everything around noon other than presence is where you start.

Depending on the room you are in or the band you are in You can adjust the bass and treble a bit. With the jcm I usually have the master at 5 or so and the gain backed of to 3ish.

Also with the plexis I like to put the mids and trebs a little higher (like 1:00-2:00 oh clock ish). Also use a transparent clean boost for solo's.

But honestly getting the acdc sound is SOOoo much about picking. You have to be really aggressive and tight on those chords.

Blueslicks

Reaction score
HA!

True, but now I'm back.
Hang on, writing a report on the meet up and then will be back as usual (been some time...)

Soon!

SD :wave:

Wasn't looking for it or expecting it. I knew they were hooking up in Vancouver and saw the facebook site. Then there you were!

Very cool man. What a stellar, totally organic and well earned moment in your journey. Can't wait to hear about it all.

dash8311

Reaction score
Fil and the SoloDallas team have been busy:

“Fil” Circle (Full Circle): SoloDallas Meeting Angus Young

G93R69871.jpg

dslman

Reaction score
HA!

True, but now I'm back.
Hang on, writing a report on the meet up and then will be back as usual (been some time...)

Soon!

SD :wave:
Wow !! That is amazing, and I really appreciate the pics and article you posted on meeting Angus. I used to dress in the exact school boy uniform and play a SG for a AC/DC set back in the day. I have always admired Angus for his underrated talent. His ability to contort his body in constant motion and play so consistently will never be replicated by anyone. He is the "original" and BEST headbanger there will ever be . He literally gave everything of himself each night on stage and most people would have passed out from sheer exertion and dizziness after one song of what he does.
I saw a video on youtube where some guys came to his house and he answered the door and graciously spoke to them in a very humble and friendly way. He had patience with their silliness and allowed them to take photos. He is a special guy and deserves all the credit one could give, and I appreciate you sharing your meeting with us.

I am very concerned about Malcolm however , and continue to pray for him and his family. PEACE -- Tony

sidvicious

Reaction score
Jack,

Try running your treble really low - say one or two. Then bump the bass and mids up above half and then bring the presence up to brighten in. You may not like it but mine sounds absolutely massive that way and still has a lot of cut.

this is how i tune basically any marshall, except the treble is at zero.

tman

Reaction score
Try this on your DSL for ACDC (if you still have it)

Green crunch
volume as loud as possible
gain 5

presence 3
treble 5
mids 8
bass 5

the extra mids give it the classic sound while rolling back the presence cuts harshness
Is is very close to how I run mine also

Latest posts