Another Stratocaster.....again

• Thread starter shredless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredless

Reaction score
I have a weird relationship with strats...

I want one, get one, sell or trade it....never a great one or a keeper

I dont know why

recently I got that 5150 combo...you know the squealer...well I thought I had it fixed....however it didnt start squealing now until being warmed up for 30 minutes. I learned this yesterday after playing the shit out of it. Luckily I have a good deal with the store I bought it from and was able to return it for store credit

I also had that blue anniversary cab that wasnt selling on CL and I needed some room. I took it with me as they had some recording gear I was interested in. Turns out the gear had sold so while testing my cab the dude grabbed this strat off the wall and I was blown away with the tone coming from it. He handed it to me and it felt great, tone great, playability great...even unplugged its almost acoustic like

turns out its a American Special Nitro Satin Series....great guitar. I left my cab and squealy pig there and came home with this and a rack mount 3 space "stash box" and 30 bucks in my hand

was a good deal for me and Im loving the strat....we will see how long it lasts

DSCF4890_zpscdb4829a.jpg

slide222

Reaction score
still my favourite guitar , and I would really like a jumbo fret ,Floyd rose , single coil preferred, as a perfect ideal strat - I like a lot of these modern prs type strats too

JohnH

Reaction score
Very nice. Am Specials are very good. I got mine two years ago and its still the one guitar (out of 7) that I always want to pick up and play

shredless

Reaction score
Its one of those that is perfect right now...hopefully after its first string change it stays the same....:ugh:

Jaymz E

Reaction score
I grew up playing Les Paul's and I started playing a Stratocaster about 7 years ago and it has became my main instrument. I purchased a rare mid 90s Custom Shop Strat and it has become my favorite out of all my guitars that I have or had.

dsn716

Reaction score
"I have a weird relationship with strats...
I want one, get one, sell or trade it....never a great one or a keeper. I dont know why"

I was exactly the same way with strats until I ponied up the rubles for an American Standard strat. It is probably the only guitar I've bought in the past several years that I can honestly say was worth every penny I paid for it.

shredless

Reaction score
Ive had 4 or 5 american standards, 2 american specials, road worn mexi and probably a hundred and fifty, yes 150 mexi strats....just never fell in love

dreyn77

Reaction score
Oh yeah these things are seriously good. If it's like my teal green with the flame neck.

those pickups should be really good too.

How's the neck shape?

mine's the unique wide thin shape. My friend who's a fender fiend recons the shape on my guitar was only available for 1 year.

THey really do have lots of benefits built into these things today. perfect neck angle and awesome pickups etc...

GO For it!

Bear R.

Reaction score
70's headstock..Great choice man..Love it..

ps..I was just telling my wife last night that one of the only hair bands i could barely stand, at least one album was, Cinderella's Night Songs..great album you got there..ha,ha..after that, well, not the same..but Night Songs was an awesome debut for them..

Anyways, Love the Fender Strat man..Love it..That Custom Gibby is bad too..Randy Rhoads always comes to mind when i see one that color..

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just love Fender Catostrasters. I just love them all. :yesway: