Another Volume Pedal "tone Suck" Thread

• Thread starter astr0z0mb1e2k14
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

astr0z0mb1e2k14

Reaction score
I have googled but unable to find anything pertaining to my issue....I have tone suck using a Morley volume plus pedal after a wireless system......

I always read that morleys are optical/active. Therefore, can be place anywhere in signal path and won't rob your high end. Instead, sounds like I'm using a passive volume pedal with the wrong impedance for my setup.

My signal path: X2 wireless - morley - patchbay - digitech the drop - wah - pxl live - various pedals in loops - patchbay - amp input

Also, I have tried the pedal in between the pxl live output (buffered output, probably a crappy one) and amp input but still get tone suck.

No issuses of tone suck, for me, prior to adding the morley to the signal path.

Since both routes have buffers and I am still getting tone suckage, what buffer and where is the question.

If you need tech specs on inputs and outputs of devices, let me know and I will provide them

wolf5150

Reaction score
I have the Lehle volume pedal and it is the best I've ever owned, absolutely zero tone loss.
Funny thing is that despite Lehle saying it can be placed anywhere in the chain, it hated being at the end of my pedalboard. It's now 3rd after my comp and tuner and works perfectly.