Any SLO-30 owners here?

• Thread starter Mike_LA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Greeting gang,
So ever since getting an Slo30 mini I've been gassing for the real thing.

My main questions revolve around the footswitch.
It says that the fs goes between the clean and od channel.
However; when I play the mini, I prefer the clean and the crunch, which are both the same channel.
So, from your experience, can the OD side sound more like the crunch at volume?

For right now it's a toss up between that and a Mesa rectoverb since the recto has 2 completely separate channels.
Thnx.

Family Man

Reaction score
I've got the SLO 30.

The OD channel seems to have more low-mids going on than the crunch channel does. I play 80-90% of the time on the crunch channel. With the pre-amp at 6 or 7 (out of 11), I get great classic rock tones but can roll my guitar volume back to have a great clean tone.

There is a mod for the SLO 30 that makes all three channels footswitchable. I believe Kruze (and probably others) do that mod.

Mine is stock and it's my favorite amp I've ever played through. Good luck with your decision!

Torren61

Reaction score
Yes. You can dial in really nice cleans on the OD channel. If you do, you can then dial in a great crunch on the normal channel and your switching is sorted. Like @Family Man said, I play mostly on the crunch setting of the normal channel. But, this amp does it all and does it all very well. Clean, crunch and high gain.

Here's mine:

5DA178F6-BB42-4888-9FDE-D90BF0B43685_1_105_c.jpeg

B8730D2A-A563-489B-B436-7AF9E3F03FEE_1_105_c.jpeg

Derek S

Reaction score
Yes. You can dial in really nice cleans on the OD channel. If you do, you can then dial in a great crunch on the normal channel and your switching is sorted. Like @Family Man said, I play mostly on the crunch setting of the normal channel. But, this amp does it all and does it all very well. Clean, crunch and high gain.

View attachment 147324

So much mojo in this picture, I love the vintage Fender 2x12 cab, have one just like it (but no longer has the original speakers sadly).